nick cave (1 Viewer)

I've seen Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds live 20+ times and the first night of the Olympia show ranks up there as one of the finest.

It's a funny ol' game, Saint.

Same here... those olympia gigs were far from boring...
Mercy Seat had all the vitriol it deserves.... a time before
Nick took to that damn piano!!

I couldn't get into it at all...Thought it was patchy as fook. I just don't think it even comes close to his best.

I'm not a fan of Abatoir Blues (too much gospel choir) apart from Hidin' All Away, which rocks.
The Lyre of Orpheus was a bunch of terrible songs.
Grinderman was a very surprising return to form. i want to hear more of that shit.
The Boatman's Call is my favourite quiet album of all time.

I'm not a fan of Abatoir Blues (too much gospel choir) apart from Hidin' All Away, which rocks.
The Lyre of Orpheus was a bunch of terrible songs.
Grinderman was a very surprising return to form. i want to hear more of that shit.
The Boatman's Call is my favourite quiet album of all time.

abatoir blues has some fanstastic moments; grinderman is fucking excellent. even on the albums Im not gone on there always a track or two that'll make my hair stand on end, ie 'hallelujah' on 'no more shall we part'

abatoir blues has some fanstastic moments; grinderman is fucking excellent. even on the albums Im not gone on there always a track or two that'll make my hair stand on end, ie 'hallelujah' on 'no more shall we part'

My favourite song on And No More Shall We Part is Fifteen Feet of Pure White Snow. It's a class groove and it gets satisfyingly visceral.
I hope they've ditched the excessive production on the new album. Horns and gospel choirs - out. Hopefully.

My favourite song on And No More Shall We Part is Fifteen Feet of Pure White Snow. It's a class groove and it gets satisfyingly visceral.
I hope they've ditched the excessive production on the new album. Horns and gospel choirs - out. Hopefully.

mmm, wonder will it be more grinderman like.

i had to start a new one because the last one was locked even though no one had actually mentioned the "M" word and the conversation had moved on somewhat...

i like 'no more shall we part' a lot... it got bad press and didn't exactly rock but 'twas pretty great that album...

Your funeral, My Trial is still my favourite. Closely followed by Let Love In.

What's Blixa doin these days?? Mitchum?

Living in China with Mrs. Bargeld. Einsturzende Neubauten are very much a going concern still-new album is as good as any since Tabula Rasa.

My favourite Nick album is probably Tender Prey.

Einsturzende Neubauten are very much a going concern still-new album is as good as any since Tabula Rasa.

They were one of the highlight from last years ATP along with Grinderman's 2nd set....

Neubauten touring all over europe at same time as Cave. Everywhere except here... closest gig is Forum London on 22nd May... http://www.neubauten.org/en-news.html

I thought Nocturama was really bad. I think I've only listened to it maybe 5 or 6 times tops.

Yeah the whole overblown gospel choir thing really turned me off too. I just thought it was covering up for the fact that the songs weren't actually that good.

My favourite is Boatman's Call, followed by Let Love In and then No More Shall We Part.

They were one of the highlight from last years ATP along with Grinderman's 2nd set....

Neubauten touring all over europe at same time as Cave. Everywhere except here... closest gig is Forum London on 22nd May... http://www.neubauten.org/en-news.html

Yep definitely the best show for me at D3's ATP-got my ticket for the Prague show for this tour.

I hope the falling spanners onto glass are mic'd up correctly ;-)

Toss-up between Tender Prey, The Good Son and Henry's Dream for me, but have moments (bleak ones!) when only Your Funeral, My Trial will do .|..|

I really miss Blixa at the live shows. They just shouldn't do stuff like The Weeping Song without him, it's not right.

Question for the girls and the gays: would you still? I never thought I'd see the day, but I wouldn't any more. Unless it was just phone sex.

I was fairly indifferent to him but my girlfriend loves him so it's kind of rubbing off on me now, I saw him at the EP and thought he was shit but then saw him doing his solo show in Glasgow about two years ago and he was amazing.

does anybody like nocturama? most cave fans seem to think its a real low point. i really like it. 'rock of gibraltar' is one of my fav cave songs.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This is from the Glasgow gig we were at, I think it's one of the first times he started playing guitar live and must be where he got his Grinderman frontman brain going.

theres a nick cave exhibition on for free in the arts centre in melbourne at the moment thats amazing.

was just there last saturday, basically with nicks approval they've moved his whole office into an exhibition space with adornments, antiquities, lyric filled notebooks, his desk, official photography down to through the years, his books, short films, documentaries, press stuff, chairs and pictures of all the people that have inspired him over the years.

they even have self narrated talk boxes from the man himself, when you open up the box Nick tells you a funny story about the displays immediately to your left and right.

best one is about the big bronze statue of himself he planned to cargo and dump in perth in honour of himself.
amazing exhibition, and its free!

i really enjoyed him at electric picnic

theres a nick cave exhibition on for free in the arts centre in melbourne at the moment thats amazing.

was just there last saturday, basically with nicks approval they've moved his whole office into an exhibition space with adornments, antiquities, lyric filled notebooks, his desk, official photography down to through the years, his books, short films, documentaries, press stuff, chairs and pictures of all the people that have inspired him over the years.

they even have self narrated talk boxes from the man himself, when you open up the box Nick tells you a funny story about the displays immediately to your left and right.

best one is about the big bronze statue of himself he planned to cargo and dump in perth in honour of himself.
amazing exhibition, and its free!

i really enjoyed him at electric picnic

Ah that sounds fuckin cool!!

Have you watched these interview clips yet...
(cringy but very funny in places..he taks about his office..but can't remember which clips it's in - thre are 4 parts)
YouTube - Nick Cave Interview (Pt. 1 of 4: Habits and Routines)

only seen Cave once. SFX. 1992.

favourite song from that LP, Henry's Dream, is John Finn's Wife.

the one I keep returning to is Your Funeral, My Trial. Probably because I've known it the longest and played it most.

This song reduces me to a quivering wreck. Love this clip of it - piano bum notes at the start - bass sounds fucking amazing
YouTube - Nick Cave - Your Funeral, My Trial live

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back