1322204279_fadd1687ed.jpg

The Polyphonic Spree

1322367461_48926f71aa.jpg

Some noisy bastard in the Bodytonic Tent

1322512803_c71546f960.jpg

Fujiya & Miyagi

1323207759_259a18efe5.jpg

Unkle

I had a fantastic weekend, but I'm having a hard time remembering that because I lost my camera on sunday night, AAAARRGHH so many great pics...

Highlights: Seeing the Beastie Boys twice in one weekend - I felt I was in heaven for a moment there. Bonde Do Role were amazing, great way to get saturday started. Not really having a hangover til monday. Bjork.

Lowlights: Losing my camera. realising I'm not as fit as I was the last time I saw the Beastie Boys (10 years ago!! !ninjaaaa)

Didnt really see any duff acts over the weekend, which was a binus too.

All in all the best Picnic yet! Didnt meet one asshole. Apart from moose ;) who seemed to be following me around ;)

What about the rainbow-drenched faces blazing on the screen at the end of the sunshine underground. Even though I reckon the chems don't do shit except hit a button at the start of their set, they've obviously hired some visual artist who does a pretty good job at recreating the sort of gurning demented shit exploding behind the eyelids of your random pilled up punter trying to switch off at 6am in a shivery tent

they've obviously hired some visual artist who does a pretty good job at recreating the sort of gurning demented shit exploding behind the eyelids of your random pilled up punter trying to switch off at 6am in a shivery tent

I was on some strange substance, and completely believed that the guy on the radio was playing all this tripped out bouncy music to specifically and purposely fuck my head up. I couldn't escape.

I ended up waking up on a book shelf, and walking 8 miles home without really meaning to, and then noticing my feet felt all hot when I got there.

BLUE CAMPING that classical band that was on sat morning were savage cleared the hangover ri up

Nate Champion just walked in past security every time.

I had to head back to Dublin on saturday night. When I was heading back to the car some lad came up to me in the car park and asked me for my wristband. Said he'd been kicked out, that him and his mates sneaked in on friday morning, but were rounded up on by security and those pretend gardai and were chucked out. Couldn't give him my band though cos I needed it for the sunday.

I noticed on the sunday when I got back that they had started checking wristbands going into the campsites. I wonder what that was about? Maybe they twigged that loads of people were getting in through the forests, or maybe it was cos of tent robbing? I saw 3 little scrotes wandering around the yellow campsite on the friday. They certainly didn't look like your average picnic goers (not a pair of silver skintight pants between them).

When we were leaving on saturday night there were some right dodgy looking fuckers hanging around on the walk between the wall around the festival site & the main entrance. The smallest one (isn't it always?) made a half-hearted attempt to start something as they walked by us, but nothing came of it.

I'm going to go out on a limb here & say there was no fucking way they were ticket holders.

Anyway on the way back in on sunday we passed a bloke telling security that he'd been robbed at knifepoint the night before & his phone, wallet & wristband were taken. Bummer.

Tell the story morg.

Well basically Ernie was at Modest Mouse and slimed his way up to the sound desk to watch mr soundman in action. (for those that don't know, ernie wants to be a soundman) So there was Ernie checking out his equipment, then in an attempt to show off his knowledge ernie goes:

" Is that a Sound Desk 1 G F800 with double static reverb and an output source encoder, flombayed on a turnstyle and a data resource centre?" (well some soundman tech jargon or other)

to which mr soundman replied:

" No, its a fuckin chip pan!"

Hahahahahaha, i think it was hilarious anyway.:D;)

Well basically Ernie was at Modest Mouse and slimed his way up to the sound desk to watch mr soundman in action. (for those that don't know, ernie wants to be a soundman) So there was Ernie checking out his equipment, then in an attempt to show off his knowledge ernie goes:

" Is that a Sound Desk 1 G F800 with double static reverb and an output source encoder, flombayed on a turnstyle and a data resource centre?" (well some soundman tech jargon or other)

to which mr soundman replied:

" No, its a fuckin chip pan!"

Hahahahahaha, i think it was hilarious anyway.:D;)

it wasnt that nerdy a question you cunt. and then he answered my question after his sarky remark.

Hahah classic.

youre going to get aids in japan

Argh! AAARRRGGH!

Also, bummer on the soundman Zinging the shit outta you there, Ern.

he didnt really. it was just a rigger. he was under pressure and flew off the handle. then told me what it was.

i'm really sorry i missed fujiya and miyagi, i heard from many people that they were deadly. however, i felt iggy was someone one should see at least once....

i met one bloke (well, by "met" i mean he sat down beside me while i was sitting on a log outside the beastie boys and began burbling incoherently at me and demanding that i tell him jokes) whose "wristband" consisted of a small piece of one of those plastic sheets for sitting on, tied around his wrist. then again, given the state of him, i suspect he maybe thought it was a real wristband. he seemed pretty harmless, mind, i can't see him slashing a tent, not least because it would have involved him standing up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back