Electric Picnic 2007 thread (4 Viewers)

I saw about 2 songs of theirs, including the Nirvana one. They sounded decent and seemed well able to get the crowd going. Again, not exactly my cup of tea, but I've heard worse.

Incidently, on the monday morning some mates of mine were about to head for home. Word was spreading that there were random garda checkpoints in the vicinity and that they'd be breath testing. Not sure whether they were through whatever levels of drunkness they endured, they decided it'd be a good idea to call into the garda station in Stradbally and ask if they could check if they were ok to drive. They were turned away after being told 'we don't do that'. Didn't think it right myself. They ended up driving. I'm sure they were ok, but twas still a risk.

Incidently, on the monday morning some mates of mine were about to head for home. Word was spreading that there were random garda checkpoints in the vicinity and that they'd be breath testing. Not sure whether they were through whatever levels of drunkness they endured, they decided it'd be a good idea to call into the garda station in Stradbally and ask if they could check if they were ok to drive. They were turned away after being told 'we don't do that'. Didn't think it right myself. They ended up driving. I'm sure they were ok, but twas still a risk.

seems strange to refuse such a sensible request. can't you buy mini testers in off licences.

The pub I used to drimk in had a coin operated breath - my self and the guys I drink with used to have blood alcohol competitions to see who could have the lowest BA for the most drink.

they were doing breath testing in the car parks if ya wanted to get it done..

I think they were in the staff car park (where I was too). Not sure if they had them there. Deadly idea though if they did have them. Interesting too that the signs in stradbally were mentioning fatigue as being a killer rather than anything about drink driving. Not saying thats wrong or anything, just interesting.

i saw a few people down in car parks b/c gettin it done..just the one guard now but a fair few people looked like they were trying to keep on the safe side by givin it a shot..was a deadly idea though..

offer breath tests is a positive idea.

all they need now is those booths they used to have in clubs in amsterdam where you could check how good/bad/strong your drugs were.... for safety like.

1332498442_89edade6ab.jpg

Iggy & The Stooges

lots of repetition in there. too tired to edit them down.

but like do you still enjoy the music? I find it very hard to take pictures and still enjoy it

taking loads of them is easy. too easy.

weeding out the shite is the hard / boring part.

anyways it's all practice.

I did last year, great practice alright and thoroughly enjoyable. Couldn't be arsed this year mostly coz I've still loads on my pc to sort through, although I did take a few.

Yellow campsiters, on Saturday morning did anyone else spot the guy in the green balaclava by the path that ran up the middle of the site who was rapping out Beastie Boys lyrics? As I walked by him he said "up the 'RA" to me, I just remembered that.

Does he post on thumped? Didn't realise that at all.

i believe so. met him before at the drum-recording workshop.
my eyeballs still hurt.
too much sleep perhaps.

so, when are tickets on sale for next year? i met about 20 people i knew who got in no problem whatsoever. just brought a pliers with them. bastards!

yeah he posts here as aled jones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back