Queen Kong / Ladyfest Berlin Hassle (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ha ha, but your last post wasn't too long, and it pretty much summed up my feelings on the matter too...

That's cause I cut out most of it before I posted it. But CP's post isn't the first time I've seen reference to posts as 'Jane-sized'....

Sad fact, fact fans: most of my posts have had chunks cut out of them before I hit 'sumbit reply'.

Anyway, I think the thing is, most of us agree with the idea that what happened at LF Berlin was a bit extreme. I dunno how many people really think about the reasons behind the woman's strong objection to Topless Dave, but I think for those of us who think about these issues, we do see why, even if we don't agree with the response.

The problem on the thread, I think, was that while most of the feminist-identified posters said they thought the response was extreme, the anti-feminist camp decided to use the incident as evidence that feminism is wrong and silly. That was a nasty idea, partly because no one on the board condoned pulling the plug on Queen Kong, and it was like if one feminst puts a foot wrong, we're all discredited. No matter what we do, say, or think, we're screwed. It's a bit like how you get racist taxi drivers going, "I didn't want to be racist, but a black fella was rude to me, so now he left me no choice."

It's just that what people can't agree on is WHETHER FEMINIST IMMIGRANTS SHOULD GET THROWED INTO YON SEA.

I've still got no trouser to speak of.

This is the only serious post I'll put on this thread and maybe the longest ever on this forum, so beware, its of Jane proportions...

Yes I'd say for the most part you have put across your text in more restained 'voice' then some of the others arguing against you, but I think the condradictions and the ignoring of anything else any one else is saying; and the general provocative language you use (of course saying Feminism is 'bullshit' rather then just saying "i don't really see the point of it as ..." etc etc ..neutral reason language); while still claiming to be above it all is a bit of a joke in fairness. You know where your going on a forum when you go down that route, don't act all hurt and confused now. Actually trying to put across a more intellectual then thou image while spending all this time posting on an internet forum is a bit of joke too, but we're all guilty of that a times.

I guess I'm not on seriously 100% agreement with the outlook with some of the pro-feminist posters here (I personally think the Ladyfest debacle was a joke, and perhaps the feminist case in the West is not really economic anymore, and for the anti- or even pro- camp to try reduce it to such is confounding...but hey what do i know I haven't looked into it too much), but I have a huge bone to pick with arrogant people who promote their world view as 100 % natural and objective while only dealing in half truth and biased opinions, ála Mary Ellen Synon (god I hate that women), while saying everyone else is biased or deluded. Like centre-right papers that present there view a fact and anything else a bit lefty as having bias. We all have bias based on our programming and what suits our agenda's...so nobody think they have objective truth. I just don't bother to get into serious debates with these people (including 'the pelve') when they start from a position of arrogance, because I know inevitably they are not here to 'communicate' they are here to broadcast. I would rather use satire to play with them, infuriate them and waste their time, which they again and again say they are not going to do on this topic. Also I won't fool myself into thinking an anonymous internet debate has any value. I don't nned that kind of ego boost.

Epilogue:

..the final point of showing this whole thread to your flatmate, who I'm guessing never had a particularly high opinion of feminists before, to spend time reading this awful thing so they can validate you view point (and you say again you don't care...) is the final hilarity and the true mark of an independent mind. ditto your praise for Cormoclash (a man who holds your viewpoint on this issue) for the bravery of being independent and agreeing with you!

bravo, a good laugh all round, and the best fun I've in a while on this forum

I'd give you rep but it'd be wasted on a fake profile.

Sure, you can read his opinion yourself. He's "MEATBEE"

Christ go back to masturbating to Battle Star Galactica

Nah the one before that. The sweaty talc one is beyond my simple comprehension, I did not understand it at all! must be a thumped in-joke..

I think it was an allegory for the way many politicians, posturing as concerned patriarchs, guide the electorate herd to the inevitable cattle shed of 'equal opportunity.' Comparing the ideals of the young with the reality felt by their elders is like contrasting the vote of the man in the street with that of one more accustomed to feminism.

That's cause I cut out most of it before I posted it. But CP's post isn't the first time I've seen reference to posts as 'Jane-sized'....

Sad fact, fact fans: most of my posts have had chunks cut out of them before I hit 'sumbit reply'.

Anyway, I think the thing is, most of us agree with the idea that what happened at LF Berlin was a bit extreme. I dunno how many people really think about the reasons behind the woman's strong objection to Topless Dave, but I think for those of us who think about these issues, we do see why, even if we don't agree with the response.

The problem on the thread, I think, was that while most of the feminist-identified posters said they thought the response was extreme, the anti-feminist camp decided to use the incident as evidence that feminism is wrong and silly. That was a nasty idea, partly because no one on the board condoned pulling the plug on Queen Kong, and it was like if one feminst puts a foot wrong, we're all discredited. No matter what we do, say, or think, we're screwed. It's a bit like how you get racist taxi drivers going, "I didn't want to be racist, but a black fella was rude to me, so now he left me no choice."

It's just that what people can't agree on is WHETHER FEMINIST IMMIGRANTS SHOULD GET THROWED INTO YON SEA.

I've still got no trouser to speak of.

Jaysus, Jane you've changed my position on immigrants go back to where ever the fuck it is you came from. :)

Seriously though, immigrants as a whole are fine; but you're a cunt. You must be American because you never shut the hell up.

I now await you barrage of pointless retorts in no less than 500 posts.

Okay... and GO!

very restrained.

never watched that show as don't have a telly.
are you picking on me because I have glasses? very astute.

For the record I prefer to masterbate to Mary Ellen Synon columns. I have a love hate relationship with her. She's such a bitch, rar!

And,
if you don't care why are still here?

You still haven't answered a single one of my questions, and I'm afraid no one will be able to masturbate until you've responded to all of them.

First, should feminist immigrants be thrown into the sea?

Now go back and get your flatmate to help you answer the rest of them.

The problem on the thread, I think, was that while most of the feminist-identified posters said they thought the response was extreme, the anti-feminist camp decided to use the incident as evidence that feminism is wrong and silly. That was a nasty idea, partly because no one on the board condoned pulling the plug on Queen Kong, and it was like if one feminst puts a foot wrong, we're all discredited.

We don't consider the ultra's(the one's who helped pull the plug) to be "regular" feminists,or at least they dont represent our opinion of feminism.

Jaysus, Jane you've changed my position on immigrants go back to where ever the fuck it is you came from. :)

Seriously though, immigrants as a whole are fine; but you're a cunt. You must be American because you never shut the hell up.

I now await you barrage of pointless retorts in no less than 500 posts.

Okay... and GO!

Jane, don't respond to this guy. He doesn't deserve the attention and wasting energy on such people is pointless.

You still haven't answered a single one of my questions, and I'm afraid no one will be able to masturbate until you've responded to all of them.

First, should feminist immigrants be thrown into the sea?

Now go back and get your flatmate to help you answer the rest of them.

How does this change the fact that you're a cunt?

We don't consider the ultra's(the one's who helped pull the plug) to be "regular" feminists,or at least they dont represent our opinion of feminism.

Sorry, what I meant was that people who are hostile to feminism will take the most extreme examples and use it to represent all of us. So like, these couple of people pull the plug, but all of a sudden, anti-feminists use it as fodder to discredit the whole idea of feminism, when there are lots of ideas of it, 99.9% of whom wouldn't pull the plug on a topless man.

I dunno if I'm making sense. Just that it's sad that a few people there -- as in the plug pullers -- could at least temporarily wreck the fun. Because it does sound -- as you pointed out -- like it was still super-fun, and that that was just one negative in a sea of awesomeness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back