Quotes from your child (2 Viewers)

My little cousin was with his Dad, my uncle one day in my Grandmothers pub early before we opened. He kept saying I want to play on the swimming table and we'd no idea what he was talking about til we realised he meant the pool table. It was very funny.

I remember my little sisters teacher keeping their drawings in a copy and everyday asking them what their drawings were of. They were in Jnr Infants I think. Very young anyways. And then at the end of the year we had such a laugh. This is my Daddy fighting fire, my Dad works in Business, this is my Mommy lifting up a big building. Kids have such great imaginations.

It was good there was the line the teacher had wrote in cos most of the drawings were just squiggles and colours.

My little one (19 months) told my sister to "bok off!" the other day. Apparently some little potty mouthed wobbler in creche is her best mate.

I took my girl to the natural history museum, a place which I am still a little scared of yet strangley fascinated by... we got to the wolf in the case and she just said:

"I want to go home now"

I explained to her how it was just a model and later on she told her mother

"I saw wolf, but I wasn't scared, it was just a muddle"

Anyone familiar with the Letterland system of teaching kids the alphabet sounds ?

Each letter has a character and a little song.

My little sister was learning them and would sing them every day but they got a bit distorted along the way,
so "Bouncy Ben says B in words" turned into "Bouncy Ben says BUCK in words" etc etc

then it came to Fireman Fred, he says FUCK in words
:):):)
we used to all join in.....

heard this from my papa today:

few days ago cousin carl got splashed by a car driving through a puddle. he turned to nanny and said

"THIS is what I would call a big fashion mistake"

hahahahahahhaahahahha

then at church he drank some of that wine after communion. turned to my uncle and said

"now I know how you feel when you're drunk"

While watching some programme about twins...

Steven: 'There's twins in my class you know'
Me: 'Oh yeah, do they look like each other?'
Steven: 'Well their faces are the same but they're not identified twins'
Me (laughing): 'Do you mean identical twins?'
Steven (Deadpan): 'No i said identified, do you not even know what that means? Sake.'

:confused:

My stepfather was checking my 11 year old brother for headlice (*shudder*) a few weeks back. My baby sister (2) was in the bathroom with them. She followed Oisin back into his bedroom after the ordeal and I listened in on the following conversation while feeding my daughter on the couch...

Oisin: "Uh, did my dad find anything in your hair?"
Ava: "yeah."
Oisin: What did he find?!!"
Ava: "fish."

Took my kids to the natural history museum today to see all the dead, faded, beige animals. Afterwards they bought a toy each of their favourite animal in the gitft shop, she (4) got a pony (of course) and he (2) picked a gorilla (good lad).

When we met their mum after, he declared "Mummy - I did get a Cinderilla!".

My friend is a teacher and she said one time a wee girl came up to her in her class and said "Miss, Miss, I'm toasty".
Friend - "Well then take off your cardigan you won't be as warm."
Girl - "But Miss I'm toasty!"
Friend - "Well I'll open the window then."
Girl - "No, Miss. I'm toasty and I need a dwink."

ha, had a similar one with my sister.

on refusing to go into her play-tent thing in the sitting room.

Ava: *screams crying* "I CAHMP GO IN MY TEENNNT!!"
Me: "Why not? What's wrong?"
Ava: "There's a dinosaur in there!!!!!"
Me: "Is there? Oh, is he a bit scary?"
Ava: "NO!!! He's nice. He's JUS reading a book."

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back