Are there any Punks actually left on Eirecore? (2 Viewers)

Any Punk left in you?

• Total voters
Speaking of punk. Did anyone get that "Pure Punk Rock" DVD from punk core that Blood or Whiskey are on? Just wonderin if it's worth ordering....

In anyways. Is this still the internets or what? I thought all these arguments were supposed to be pisstakes..... it's gettin a bit aggressive :( Ignore him if ya don't want to hear his shite spewing. Or do what i do - feed him so much drink that he passes out ;)

THEN TAKE ADVANTAGE............... *ahem*

And as one fine punk4it promoter once said:

"Get drinkin coz they're fuckin deadly when you're ballixed"

Get fucked and listen to whatever. Coz it's gonna be fuckin great no matter if it's Patsy Cline or not :D

i hope youre not implying there is something worng with the music of Patsy Cline

And just for the record, hiphop = musically seperate thing but the likes of BDG or Dysfunktional have more interesting things to say than a lot of punk/hc bands at the moment,presented in a way that doesn't feel like your being preached at or talked down to,which is why people here dig them.And at least they're fucking saying SOMETHING.The buzz at Oh Snap! is the same buzz I got from seeing Cheapskate or My Name is Satan or Gout years ago.

Indeed, the lyrical and prose style delivery of so much hip hop makes it, for me, far more interesting in terms of what they are saying (political or otherwise) as well as the more "this is where I'm coming from" approach as opposed to the preachiness of a lot of punk/crust/hardcore/whatever.

I also like the fact that more people in the scene in Dublin seem to be starting to listen to breakcore. :D :p

an introduction to hip-hop for janer. The hip-hop honeys series
194986.jpg
202414.jpg

And
2for10_1788_5755698

yarg i dont know where to start. janer punk was never ever one style of music, most of the early punk and post-punk bands took influences from all over the place.reggae,funk,early rock n roll,kraut-rock all sorts. it only became a distinctive type of music when people like the exploited and gbh(and in the u.s the meathead hardcore jocks) got their hands on it and proclaimed they where the "real" punks, and anyone who strayed from their formula of music was rejected and seen as "arty" or whatever. i think the best way to view something as punk is maby just as something who's roots lay the punk spirit.music has to progress.how boring would it be if everyone just played what was officially labeled as punk and no one tried anything new or took in outside influences.it would be shit!ill leave it at that

oh yeh and regarding hip hop gigs being advertised here, punk and hip hop have very strong ties and similaritys, so :p

Punk was in the suburbs too and not everyone could afford or rotate their life around town........recession remember in the 80's?
Also no internet then / word of mouth/ advertising...
where did u advertise these gigs then?.

We put up posters all around town using flour and water as our paste. Then Dublin corporation changed the laws outlawing flyposting on the streets so we used record shops like Advance, Basement and Freebird. These shops sold fanzines which had plenty of info in them. You could have got them on your monthly trips if you'd wanted.

When I went to watch Bohs in the early 90's no one pulled me to one side and said "you know there's a diy Punk scene in town?"

Damn Janer you should have gone to see Bray Wanderers and then you may have come across the fanzine No Way Referee that mentioned punk rock in Ireland
Also when did you see Paranoid Visions for the first time?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back