Are there any Punks actually left on Eirecore? (3 Viewers)

Any Punk left in you?

• Total voters
But Janer - check the bitches yo.

hip%20hop%20girls.jpg

Janer. What is PUNK?

I can understand your confusion in relation to hip-hop gigs being advertised on a punk/hardcore forum, much as the hypothetical MC-Janer on a hip-hop forum is giving out about the punk gig that has been advertised on HipHopCore.

The Irish 'music' scene is not as divided as you might find in other larger cities in Europe and elsewhere. The last 80's night in KKKEnnedy's was a perfect example of that. You had Vimanas, Complan, Droppin Bombs, as well as Crayon Smith (who played in Vicar St. with the Decemberists two weeks ago!), Large Mound. They were all playing together, having a good time. It was okay. IT IS OKAY. Maybe Dublin is unique in this sense. I personally love it. if you have a problem with it, you'll just have to live with it. There is a lot of crossover in the music scene here and that's just the way it is.

Jill I shall explain to u at next gig......but already disagree with 90% of your points.

ooh err, okay.. i didn't really make very many points.. it was more... suggesting..
i was trying to find out what it is you're actually on about.

Punk was old school Punk, 76-77 etc then 2nd generation ruts/uk subs/upstarts etc along at the same time anarchistic punk crass/conflict/discharge crass/mortarhate labels and now I listen to 90's bands which are numerous

but jaysis, do you not get bored of the same type of stuff? i know i did.

This thread is for a purpose, for discussion to shake up the bullshit that has being passed as Punk lately on these boards.

as far as i can see, the only bullshit being passed as punk on here lately is you janer...
!baggyyyy

i don't see anyone else complaining about things being un-punk or not punk enough.

also, by choosing to explain to me at the next gig you are essentially opting out of the discussion you started! instead you choose to indignantly reply to people and not make very many valid points at all!

I like this qoute: "punk is whatever we make it to be". Sounds better with diy in front of it I think. Punk points for whoever names the qoutee:D

moose: is it the minutemen? do i get punk points now? am i punk? hey guys can i be punk too? guys, wait up!

Janer. What is PUNK?

I can understand your confusion in relation to hip-hop gigs being advertised on a punk/hardcore forum, much as the hypothetical MC-Janer on a hip-hop forum is giving out about the punk gig that has been advertised on HipHopCore.

The Irish 'music' scene is not as divided as you might find in other larger cities in Europe and elsewhere. The last 80's night in KKKEnnedy's was a perfect example of that. You had Vimanas, Complan, Droppin Bombs, as well as Crayon Smith (who played in Vicar St. with the Decemberists two weeks ago!), Large Mound. They were all playing together, having a good time. It was okay. IT IS OKAY. Maybe Dublin is unique in this sense. I personally love it. if you have a problem with it, you'll just have to live with it. There is a lot of crossover in the music scene here and that's just the way it is.
Best reply so far that I don't agree with if u know what I mean.
As you say unless I move up to Belfast I will have to live with it :)

now my last word in this thread......

All I can hear is this in my head. :)

"Boxcar"
Jawbreaker (not punk, of course)

You're not punk, and I'm telling everyone.
Save your breath, I never was one.
You don't know what I'm all about.
Like killing cops and reading Kerouac.

My enemies are all too familiar.
They're the ones who used to call me friend.
I'm coloring outside your guidelines.
I was passing out when you were passing our your rules.
One. Two. Three. Four.
Who's punk what's the score?

Got a friend. Her name is Boxcar.
Cigarettes and beer in El Sob.
Her hair was blue, now it's green.
I like her mind. She hates the scene.

My enemies are all too familiar.
They're the ones who used to call me friend.
I'm coloring outside your guidelines.
I was passing out when you were passing our your rules.
One. Two. Three. Four.
Who's punk what's the score?

You're on your own.
You're all alone.
You're on your own.
You're all alone.
You're on your own.
You're all alone.

Janer, if you even got a bus into town in the early/mid 90s you would have known about loads of punk/hc gigs happening on a regular basis in tonnes of different venues. I was a kid and I knew about them. Did you ever get a bus into town?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back