Are there any Punks actually left on Eirecore? (2 Viewers)

Any Punk left in you?

• Total voters
punklove_poster_small_1.jpg

This thread is for a purpose, for discussion to shake up the bullshit that has being passed as Punk lately on these boards.

AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGH!!!!!!!!!!

While you're "shaking up the bullshit" can I just for once and for all point out that banner in the top left corner says punk AND HARDCORE.You may not like stupidly fast grind or sreaming fringemongers, but it comes under the heading "hardcore wether you like it or not so stop fucking whinging.
Your constant "if it's not 82, it's not punk" shit is futile.If you think people are unfair to you for for calling you "narrow minded" or because you didn't go to gigs (explain to me how when I was 16 and living in a town with no gigs I managed to get into then?There was no internet or whatever then either,and no fucking gigs or record shops for me to go to) it's because YOU'RE FUCKING CONSTANTLY HARKING ON ABOUT HOW "UNPUNK" THE REST OF US ARE. Either build a time machine or adapt.It's fucking 2007.

And just for the record, hiphop = musically seperate thing but the likes of BDG or Dysfunktional have more interesting things to say than a lot of punk/hc bands at the moment,presented in a way that doesn't feel like your being preached at or talked down to,which is why people here dig them.And at least they're fucking saying SOMETHING.The buzz at Oh Snap! is the same buzz I got from seeing Cheapskate or My Name is Satan or Gout years ago.

You're always whining that the style you like isn;t represented.May I just be the what,400th person to suggest you maybe do something productive about it like do a gig,or a zine, or start a band instead of pissing about online
xx

Jamie, age 30, lapsed hardcore kid

Janer why don't you go find a board more suited to your definition of punk and stop bitching about this one, feel free to pop by and say hello whenever you're passing though.

I like this qoute: "punk is whatever we make it to be". Sounds better with diy in front of it I think. Punk points for whoever names the qoutee:D

AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGH!!!!!!!!!!

While you're "shaking up the bullshit" can I just for once and for all point out that banner in the top left corner says punk AND HARDCORE.You may not like stupidly fast grind or sreaming fringemongers, but it comes under the heading "hardcore wether you like it or not so stop fucking whinging.
Your constant "if it's not 82, it's not punk" shit is futile.If you think people are unfair to you for for calling you "narrow minded" or because you didn't go to gigs (explain to me how when I was 16 and living in a town with no gigs I managed to get into then?There was no internet or whatever then either,and no fucking gigs or record shops for me to go to) it's because YOU'RE FUCKING CONSTANTLY HARKING ON ABOUT HOW "UNPUNK" THE REST OF US ARE. Either build a time machine or adapt.It's fucking 2007.

And just for the record, hiphop = musically seperate thing but the likes of BDG or Dysfunktional have more interesting things to say than a lot of punk/hc bands at the moment,presented in a way that doesn't feel like your being preached at or talked down to,which is why people here dig them.And at least they're fucking saying SOMETHING.The buzz at Oh Snap! is the same buzz I got from seeing Cheapskate or My Name is Satan or Gout years ago.

You're always whining that the style you like isn;t represented.May I just be the what,400th person to suggest you maybe do something productive about it like do a gig,or a zine, or start a band instead of pissing about online
xx

Jamie, age 30, lapsed hardcore kid
Where did I diss hardcore? it's in the same fucking option as Punk :rolleyes: where did I say Punk is only '82?
did u not read my post properly? Is ur hair in ur eyes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back