What records did you listen to today? (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter tim
  • Start date
  • Replies 4K
  • Views 289K
  • Watchers 25
B000025M5J.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

the la's - bbc in session
yann tiersen - goodbye lenin o.s.t.
[in the car on the way to the n.c.t.:
- good horsey s/t tape
- swell maps - collision time revisited
- i had aslan's this is going round my head afterwards as christy was behind me in the ballymun n.c.t. queue]
felix lajko - live koncert '98
the necks - next (for completists only)
the necks - aether
steve reich - box set, disc 6 (new york counterpoint, sextet)

Conflict-this is not enough 7"
The Creamers-1st 7'
C/Average-KRS 7"
Black Market Baby-potential suicide/youth crimes 7'
Ahiro-one people one mind fight fight fight 7"
Bastro-shoot me a deer 7"
Kylesa-to walk a middle course lp
Scoundrels-join hands lp
Lungfish-rainbows from atoms lp

whitehouse: great white death, birthdeath experience, total sex
united bible studies: the northern lights and the northern dark
coil: moon's milk bonus cd
gavin bryars: jesus blood never failed me yet
v/a: foxtrot
vybs cartel + spragga benz: bedroom slaughteration
elph: philm 10"
sacred tibetan chants
hooray for humans: signature / too many cooks
queen: greatest hits 2

Flamin Groovies-supersnazz lp
Carbonas-raw deluxe lp
Angelic Upstarts-teenage warning lp
A-II-Z-live,the witch of berkesly lp
Murder Suicide Pact-lp

Pissed Jeans-shallow lp
Lucifers Friend-1st lp
9 Shocks Terror-zen and the art of beating your ass lp(devour)
Fratricide-7"
v/a-4 per a per tutti 7"
Boris/SunnO)))-Altar cd

g61439xh6xm.jpg

That beauty,

and this beauty
d168689v546.jpg

and this, which was the most pointless cd re-issue ever. Why didn't the fuckers give it a vinyl re-issue.
5837770.jpg
Still good mind.

and

e56384qlxry.jpg

and this. Braxton's songs are class.

g10528hkp8h.jpg

vile - solution
church police - church police
brainbombs - genius and brutality taste and power
mastodon - blood mountain (bonkers album...surprised by it)
fang - landshark

Trip 6-no defeat! no submission 7"
Stalag 13-in control 7"
Clorox Girls-eva braun 7"
v/a-barbaric thrash demolition vol II 7"
The Conversions 7"
Dirty BS-7"
Disrupt-deprived 7"
Killing Time-happy hour 7'
Physicals-7"
Darvocets-authentic music from another planet 12"
Bolt Thrower-realm of chaos lp
Skitkids-onna for pleasure lp

gavin bryars: jesus never failed me yet (one of the most heartbreakingly beautiful and moving pieces i have heard in a while, a homeless man singing a song is looped and an orchestra plays over it, later joined by vocals by tom waits. stunning)

fovea hex: huge (thanks oootini! three lovely crystal-sounding songs by mellow candle's clodagh simmons and others [ including brian eno and colin potter ]. wonderful stuff, a little more "colourful" sounding than the first ep "bloom". cant wait for the third and final one... i just hope they dont bloody put them all on a cd later...)

v/vm: the death of rave 1 (v/vm's take on rave classics, a mellower affair than one might think, bearing little resemblance to the "pop song through a ring modulator" stuff that v/vm is most well known for. its all blurred until the beats have become fuzz with occassional synth lines bleeding through the hiss. nice enough, although i think the caretaker stuff and the "rough sex" ep will remain as the greatest v/vm works.)

current 93: dogs blood rising (the earlier, less song-based, material by current has always been my favourite, though this i would say is one of the weaker examples of it. some great moments, though it goes on a bit too long and as a whole it doesnt really gel together. never ever listen to this when tripping.)

coil vs the eskaton: nasa arab / first dark ride 12" (incredible deep space hallucinatory trance music. "nasa arab" has some mind-bogglingly complex rhythms, but the real gem here is "first dark ride" which is certainly one of the greatest pieces of electronic rhythm-based music ever.)

elph: zwolf, 20 to 2000 (twenty minutes of intense electronic drones, dubbed out beats, ear-tickling clicks and a rather odd rendition of "knees up mother brown".)

Budgie-never turn your back on a friend lp
Om-conference of the birds lp
T Rex-tanx lp
Killing Joke-what's this for ...lp
The Vipers-i've got you/no such thing 7"
The Sweat-why'd ya have to lie 7"
Confuse-kill the ...2x7"

v/a: extreme music from russia (excellent compilation, and remarkably diverse. the best of the series, though the africa one comes close. highlights are the metal percussion and sexy vocals of ambassador 21, a darkly comic take on the russian red army choir's wonderful "kalinka", the lovely vocals of volga, samka - whos militarist and melancholic loops remind of early coil, and the smooth futuristic electronics of kryptogen rundfunk. straight up "noise" tracks are notably in the minority here and are generally the weakest parts on the album as a whole.)

esplendor geometrico: balearic rhythms (hypnotic and very heavy use of electronic beats, true trance via true industrial)

coil: black antlers, delux reissue (the primary tracks still feel underworked and slightly weak to me, but the two extra mixes make it all worthwhile: especially "things we never had" which is a gorgeous mesmeric tapestry of melodies)

aube reworks maurizio bianchi vol 2 (a less intricit and somewhat mellower affair than the first volume, which is one of the finest examples of drone music at its most fascinating and engaging, absolutely superb anyhow.)

the wardrobe: the cups in the cupboard (andrew liles and tony wakeford collaborate on a lovely, if understated, collection of simple melodies hugely infused with mood. very enjoyable.)

current 93: nature unveiled (one of currents finest, though an utterly nightmarish experience. a glacial unfolding of what is the musical equivalent of a bosch painting. incredible listening for cold windy nights. i dont think any record can get anymore disturbing than "i have a special plan for this world", even thinking about that piece creeps me out.)

chris carter: small moon (throbbing gristle's electronic mastermind on a pure electronic dance music project. the first track is the real highlight: 4/4 kick drum beats dont get much better than this.)

Spreading The Virus
- old Sentrax compilation.
Pathological Compilation
- godflesh, coil, carcass, god, napalm death, terminal cheesecake - how could you go wrong :)
Cocteau Twins - Garlands
Dave Clarke - World Service (techno mix)
Converge - No Heroes
- fucking amazing album. some of the heaviest songs I've heard this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back