Unpopular Opinions (3 Viewers)

You don't make eggs, chickens do, by fucking I think.
An egg is just a hen's period. Obvs if there's a rooster around some of them will have been fertillised, but you don't need sex for eggs

Source: been keeping chickens for 15 years. Sick of it now though, more or less just waiting for the last ones to die so I can give up

An egg is just a hen's period. Obvs if there's a rooster around some of them will have been fertillised, but you don't need sex for eggs

Source: been keeping chickens for 15 years. Sick of it now though, more or less just waiting for the last ones to die so I can give up

I thought egg was the fruit of the hen?

iu

What???

How are the eggs?
How do you keep teh chickens pregs?
Is it expensive? Time-consuming?

What???

How are the eggs?
How do you keep teh chickens pregs?
Is it expensive? Time-consuming?

Chickens seem real easy at first, each one lays an egg every day.
Then you get too many eggs. Then they start hiding eggs. then they stop laying altogether. So then you get a rooster to pep them up. They start laying again, now that they're gettin' some lovin', but then you've got an angry, hungry, noisy cockerel. Then he gets lazy so you get a second rooster, so there's a bit of competition.
At this stage you may find the occasional zygote (?) in your morning fry up.

And then there's always foxes and local dogs to worry about.

That's been my fams experience anyway.

The eggs were amazing, to answer that question. We never actually ate any of the chickens,which surprises me thinking about it. Sold them all to someone who's better at this than us. We have apple trees now.

Chickens seem real easy at first, each one lays an egg every day.
Then you get too many eggs. Then they start hiding eggs. then they stop laying altogether. So then you get a rooster to pep them up. They start laying again, now that they're gettin' some lovin', but then you've got an angry, hungry, noisy cockerel. Then he gets lazy so you get a second rooster, so there's a bit of competition.
At this stage you may find the occasional zygote (?) in your morning fry up.

And then there's always foxes and local dogs to worry about.

That's been my fams experience anyway.

The eggs were amazing, to answer that question. We never actually ate any of the chickens,which surprises me thinking about it. Sold them all to someone who's better at this than us. We have apple trees now.
Are the roosters as noisy as Hanna Barbera have led me to believe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back