You know you're getting old.... (5 Viewers)

I think that’s a fine bit of scaremongering. I’ve been going into the city centre over most of the pandemic (July 2020 onwards) and you’re largely in danger of loneliness rather than violence. At the moment it’s all teenagers shopping, not exactly the Manson family.

I think that’s a fine bit of scaremongering. I’ve been going into the city centre over most of the pandemic (July 2020 onwards) and you’re largely in danger of loneliness rather than violence. At the moment it’s all teenagers shopping, not exactly the Manson family.
thats only because you haven't randomly bumped into me in aaaaages

my wife was on henry street a couple of weeks ago and said it was a little unsettling. like a ghost town; homeless tents pitched outside what had been debenhams.

I’ve been going to work in town a few days a week and its grim. I automatically cross over to the north quays as soon as I can to avoid the area around Merchants Quay because there’s normally about 20+ people outside the church there dealing and openly shooting up.
I don’t think I’m someone that scares easily and I’ve a big family that seem to know everyone, so in the past I was never that bothered me but there is an edge to the place that wasn’t there before.

my wife was on henry street a couple of weeks ago and said it was a little unsettling. like a ghost town; homeless tents pitched outside what had been debenhams.
Yeah, that is a bit shocking. I walked down there with my daughter recently and there seems to be a much larger presence of people living in tents around there than around other parts of the city centre.

I’ve been going to work in town a few days a week and its grim. I automatically cross over to the north quays as soon as I can to avoid the area around Merchants Quay because there’s normally about 20+ people outside the church there dealing and openly shooting up.
I don’t think I’m someone that scares easily and I’ve a big family that seem to know everyone, so in the past I was never that bothered me but there is an edge to the place that wasn’t there before.
Girlfriend used to get an early bus to Maynooth around there when we lived on Patrick's Street, most days she had a depressing story of what it was like around 7AM. If it's gotten even worse that's saying something.

My friend's Dad drives a Dublin Bus. During the lockdown he spent his days just driving nodding off junkies around. One of them robbed a shop and then used the bus as his getaway vehicle. He didn't get very far,

They've always been there it's just that when no one else was around they "reclaimed" the streets.

Maybe their increased visibility will spur government action on drug abuse, injection facilities, and homelessness, etc. I doubt it though.

If everyone is afraid to go there, it'll get worse. If everyone goes there, it'll turn back to normal.
Take it to the Afghanistan thread.

My friend's Dad drives a Dublin Bus. During the lockdown he spent his days just driving nodding off junkies around. One of them robbed a shop and then used the bus as his getaway vehicle. He didn't get very far,

They've always been there it's just that when no one else was around they "reclaimed" the streets.

Maybe their increased visibility will spur government action on drug abuse, injection facilities, and homelessness, etc. I doubt it though.
Yeah if only.

Dublin is fucked. Has been for a while but the COVIDs have kicked it off the edge into lol town.
Yesterday, Even my Ma was giving out about the filth of the place;
She was in the city centre for the first time in about 2 years and she was shocked at the state of it.
And she's no uptight aulwan, she was born and reared in D10

I was in town last week looking around the guitar shops.

I did not see anything out of the ordinary . And I'm no uptight aul lad..sure I used to work in Hairy Legs on Talbot Street in the early 90's and let me tell you...the place was fucking CRAWLING WITH SCUM.

This is all bollocks and I'm sick of hearing about it

People are just gone soft

I don't miss walking up and down Talbot Street every day, I can tell you that.

I was in town last week looking around the guitar shops.

I did not see anything out of the ordinary . And I'm no uptight aul lad..sure I used to work in Hairy Legs on Talbot Street in the early 90's and let me tell you...the place was fucking CRAWLING WITH SCUM.

This is all bollocks and I'm sick of hearing about it

People are just gone soft

And I’ve never seen such blatant drug use, violence and dealing in Dublin City since I was a kid in the 90s
It’s not bollox.
Also, My mother is not soft.
however, she’s not as hard as you

Maybe the lowlifes were on their lunch break or something when I was in there. I have been wrong about many things in my life this could be one of them

I'm going in tomorrow night for pints. Will report back.

Lived on Lower Gardiner Street just up from Talbot street 2005-2017 and it was class. So maybe I'm just made of sterner stuff.

You know you're getting old when you feel bad for implying someones Mams gone soft

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back