Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (6 Viewers)

Has anyone noticed that "Vaccination" starts with "V"? V is 5 in Roman numerals! 5? Like a five.pointed. star!

Wake up!

Attachments

• star.png
    star.png
    7.8 KB · Views: 2
can anyone explain to me the logic the loopers are using to connect Bill Gates to all of this?

and 5G

I mean, I'd nearly entertain some of the arguments about them wanting to 'cool' the economy down, or that its all a ruse to try and control us via tracking apps, etc. Or that its a manufactured virus created by the drugs companies to get rich.

Like, all of those are batshit crazy but at least I get the logic of why the loopers spout that nonsense. I don't get the 5G/Bill Gates stuff though. Thats Gemma O'Doherty levels of nuts.

can anyone explain to me the logic the loopers are using to connect Bill Gates to all of this?

and 5G

I mean, I'd nearly entertain some of the arguments about them wanting to 'cool' the economy down, or that its all a ruse to try and control us via tracking apps, etc. Or that its a manufactured virus created by the drugs companies to get rich.

Like, all of those are batshit crazy but at least I get the logic of why the loopers spout that nonsense. I don't get the 5G/Bill Gates stuff though. Thats Gemma O'Doherty levels of nuts.
The Bill Gates stuff has a kernel of truth though, he's been out on a media round recently working hard to ensure that IP patents for the vaccines are kept making money for the pharmaceutical companies and there's been reports of him intervening directly with the Oxford vaccine, which was originally going to be given away for free. His entire wealth is based on patent protection so, yeah, it's what he does.

On a psychological level I just see it as people trying to come to terms with billionaires who have unimaginable wealth and no accountability deciding how the world is going to be run and who is going to stop them? The Qanon stuff is silly and laughable, sure, but who is listening to some lad in his bedroom in Ohio/Mullingar ranting about Bill Gates eating babies? Only his peers. (but also, there's some very screwy stuff going on with Bill Gates and his massive drive to circumcise the planet. WTF dude??)

as for 5G. I mean, I dunno. Were there similar conspiracies when 4G launched? I would assume yes but I can't remember. Last time I checked no-one is really sure what damage mobile phone and internet signals are doing to us so we're all just hoping, fingers crossed , that it's not much. I remember an episode of This American Life talking about that years ago. So few of us understand any of this technology that it's not that surprising that we basically start saying it has magical powers.

The Bill Gates stuff has a kernel of truth though, he's been out on a media round recently working hard to ensure that IP patents for the vaccines are kept making money for the pharmaceutical companies and there's been reports of him intervening directly with the Oxford vaccine, which was originally going to be given away for free. His entire wealth is based on patent protection so, yeah, it's what he does.

On a psychological level I just see it as people trying to come to terms with billionaires who have unimaginable wealth and no accountability deciding how the world is going to be run and who is going to stop them? The Qanon stuff is silly and laughable, sure, but who is listening to some lad in his bedroom in Ohio/Mullingar ranting about Bill Gates eating babies? Only his peers. (but also, there's some very screwy stuff going on with Bill Gates and his massive drive to circumcise the planet. WTF dude??)

as for 5G. I mean, I dunno. Were there similar conspiracies when 4G launched? I would assume yes but I can't remember. Last time I checked no-one is really sure what damage mobile phone and internet signals are doing to us so we're all just hoping, fingers crossed , that it's not much. I remember an episode of This American Life talking about that years ago. So few of us understand any of this technology that it's not that surprising that we basically start saying it has magical powers.

I thought the conspiracy around 5G was that it was China's way of spying on, and controlling us. I never fully understood the conspiracy related to covid.

Fair enough about Bill Gates then. Greedy prick.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

gutter jouralist, him and Chambers. I love how they take freely available info, tweet it out to their adoring hordes, and pass it off as their own. They've been guilty of orchestrating the odd frenzy here and there too. I doubt they've ever broken an original news story between them.

I thought the conspiracy around 5G was that it was China's way of spying on, and controlling us. I never fully understood the conspiracy related to covid.

Fair enough about Bill Gates then. Greedy prick.
To continue with my uninformed psychoanalysis, China make all our computer chips, right? And they make all our chips because we outsourced our chip-making to them because they did it on the cheap, and that made a small but substantial amount of people a lot of money, and fuck everyone else, right?

I'd see it as that problem deferred into a bit of racism and a bit of magical thinking that there's a simple bad guy who we just have to defeat (with... a war maybe?) .

To continue with my uninformed psychoanalysis, China make all our computer chips, right? And they make all our chips because we outsourced our chip-making to them because they did it on the cheap, and that made a small but substantial amount of people a lot of money, and fuck everyone else, right?

I'd see it as that problem deferred into a bit of racism and a bit of magical thinking that there's a simple bad guy who we just have to defeat (with... a war maybe?) .

Intel make a whole lot of chips in Ireland.

And they make all our chips because we outsourced our chip-making to them because they did it on the cheap, and that made a small but substantial amount of people a lot of money, and fuck everyone else, right?
It’s more complicated than that.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Just back from bringing my mother to get her second dose.

While I was waiting for her to come back out I saw a friend of mine loading his parents into the car after they had got theirs. It was the first time I'd seen any of my mates this year, and probably only the second time since last summer. Felt good.

Last edited:
re. the Bill Gates issue, there's a conflation between the more wacko assertions and other more valid assertions about his perhaps indirect but not blameless role in vaccine apartheid that will ultimately be diastrous not just for the unvaccinated poor but for us all. I'm not sure what to think of it but Cory Doctorow, who's good value generally, has some interesting things to say about it all.

Intel make a whole lot of chips in Ireland.
Not enough!

re. the Bill Gates issue, there's a conflation between the more wacko assertions and other more valid assertions about his perhaps indirect but not blameless role in vaccine apartheid that will ultimately be diastrous not just for the unvaccinated poor but for us all. I'm not sure what to think of it but Cory Doctorow, who's good value generally, has some interesting things to say about it all.
agree with except the "indirect" bit because it's pretty fucking direct.

It's tremendously difficult to cut through the insane shit written about Gates online. The more conspiratorial part of my brain thinks this is actually by design so he can deflect with "you're a conspiracy theorist" to all criticism, but I think it's probably just a whole pile of different groups all colliding with each other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back