Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (4 Viewers)

how did everything go Scutter? Anything weird happen?
hey, no, not really. It was a bit of a letdown in the end.

Firstly, they were very strict on the Riga side, scrutinising everyone's 'rona results, so that was fairly reassuring. The flight was about 70% full but felt safe to me knowing we'd all done the test .

Then on the Dublin side, they wanted to see the passenger locator form receipt e-mail (fair enough), they checked the 'rona test results again (fair enough), then asked me a few questions. Where are you coming from? Why were you there? How long were you there?

But I'm in the middle of a two-months-here, two-months-there thing, and the missus is over there, so he had no problems with my story. But he did do a quick calculation in his head and asked, 'thats less than 3 months?', and I responded 'yep'. I have a feeling there's some tax thing you can fall foul of if you're away more than 3 months but I'm not sure. Must check into it.

cheers for asking

oh, and not a checkpoint to be seen near the airport. There was only 2 flights in around that time anyway (near midnight), one from Riga and one from Faro. The Faro luggage belt looked sparse so I'd say that one was fairly empty.

A lot of seasonal workers will be heading this way in the next few weeks. Loads of mates of my missus spend half the year on the fields in north county dublin picking the fruit and veg. The racists will be out in force again, ala the keelings 'debacle' last year. Pricks think their fruit and veg grows on trees.

Then on the Dublin side, they wanted to see the passenger locator form receipt e-mail (fair enough), they checked the 'rona test results again (fair enough), then asked me a few questions. Where are you coming from? Why were you there? How long were you there?
so they are asking you how long you're going to be in the country?

You're Irish, right? They were checking your return flight or something?

so they are asking you how long you're going to be in the country?

You're Irish, right? They were checking your return flight or something?
I'm Irish, yep. No, they were asking how long I had been away. As in, I'd been away, now I was back for good, kinda thing, and they wanted to know how long I was gone for. I've been out of the country for 5 of the last 7 months, but that was 2 different stints, and hope to go again around April. But yer man wasn't being a dick. He was probably just asking what he'd been told to.

Last edited:
I'm Irish, yep. No, they were asking how long I had been away. As in, I'd been away, now I was back for good, kinda thing, and they wanted to know how long I was gone for. I've been out of the country for 5 of the last months, but that was 2 different stints, and hope to go again around April. But yer man wasn't being a dick. He was probably just asking what he'd been told to.

Interesting. They've never bothered me with questions like this before, and I've been gone for ages.

You were out of Ireland, but still within the EU, right?

Interesting. They've never bothered me with questions like this before, and I've been gone for ages.

You were out of Ireland, but still within the EU, right?
yep, I was in Latvia. Its marginally better in terms of its covid profile, though is improving at a faster rate. But it went into lockdown before xmas so didn't have the same shitshow that Ireland had.

yep, I was in Latvia. Its marginally better in terms of its covid profile, though is improving at a faster rate. But it went into lockdown before xmas so didn't have the same shitshow that Ireland had.
ok, so they were trying to work out risk factors based on location maybe?

If you've tested negative before you got on the plane, and you've provided your location, you'd think there shouldn't be much more to it. If they're asking you about Latvia, I wonder what they're going to say about the US.
We've been quarantining like lunatics and I've had the kids tested this morning. I might have got the PCR test sorted.

The fucking anxiety.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back