• Trump/Pence

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Biden/Harris

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • Monsoon/Heenan

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There was an article in The Economist years ago where the writer who was posh English but studying in Yale or Harvard, could say the most ridiculous shit in a bar, and he would get taken completely seriously by the yanks around him. Purely because of his accent.

how do you think I got my job?

i think the "assistant with an english accent" thing is an iron man reference

although Jarvis became Vision and was replaced by Friday, who was Kerry Condon and had AN IRISH ACCENT
Did she use the same accent she did in Women on the Verge?

I don't really know anything about her but, on the surface at least, that's something! Even the Counterpunch guys are happy about that and they think everything is neoliberalism.

Blackwater guards
The four Blackwater guards — Nicholas Slatten, Paul Slough, Evan Liberty, and Dustin Heard — were convicted by a federal jury in 2014 after a lengthy trial that saw some 30 witnesses travel from Iraq to testify against them. Prosecutors accused the men of illegally unleashing "powerful sniper fire, machine guns and grenade launchers on innocent men, women and children."
According to prosecutors, the four were among seven Blackwater employees who opened fire in the Nusoor Square traffic circle in Baghdad, killing 17 people.
An FBI investigation found 14 of the deaths unjustified, according to rules of engagement for private security contractors in Iraq. Slatten was accused of firing the first shots.
Blackwater said its convoy came under attack, and defense attorneys said in court that witness accounts were fabricated. But witnesses testified that the contractors opened fire without provocation.
The White House said their pardons were supported by a number of members of Congress along with Pete Hegseth, the conservative Fox News host who is any ally of the President's.

Last edited:
Won't somebody please remember 9/11.

Those people in Nusoor traffic circle were most likely on their way to buy yellow cake. And what happens if they have NUCLEAR WEAPONS. What then?

Worse 9/11, with nuclear weapons. That's what.

Be very interesting if the Dems win here. I'm conspiracy brained enough to say that they'd prefer changing nothing and get to blame Mitch McConnell forever.

Pence, you're up next...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I mean, fair enough, I can see this looking a bit off. But... look, let's try to keep this in perspective; he's not doing anything really bad like making jokes about teaching his kid about how to use a can opener.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back