• Trump/Pence

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Biden/Harris

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • Monsoon/Heenan

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Swear to christ, if he doesn't orchestrate a fascist coup at this point you're getting cancelled.

I mean, they've already robbed an election. The GOP didn't want the votes be counted in Florida, so Roger Stone paid and flew in a load of people to start a riot, demanding that they stop counting votes. Brooks Brothers riot - Wikipedia

That decided the election.

This isn't butthurt hurr durr Gore shouldawon whining, it's orchestrated inciting of violence to prevent votes being counted, changing the outcome of an election. And it worked.

And if anything's clear, the GOP have not become more bashful about their willingness to use violence, and any other means necessary, to subvert fair elections since then.

Trump is an out and out criminal, as are most of the people in his administration. He knows there exists (a slight) chance that he'd get prosecuted for some of his criminal doings if he gets booted out. So far the only message that he's been given is you back up criminal behaviour with more criminal behaviour.

So, yeah, there's zero chance that this is going to be a fair election. None.

Anecdotal but I became a citizen two years ago (to enable me to leave), and I registered to vote, and registered as a Dem (to be able to vote in Dem primaries you need to be a registered Dem). I got a voting card and various bits of paper confirming everything was OK then. I checked to see if I was still on the voting register last week, and I'd been removed. So, maybe that's nothing. Or maybe they're actively removing Dems. Who knows, but it's clear the GOP will subvert the election in any way they can.

I registered as a Dem (to be able to vote in Dem primaries you need to be a registered Dem). I got a voting card and various bits of paper confirming everything was OK then. I checked to see if I was still on the voting register last week, and I'd been removed. So, maybe that's nothing. Or maybe they're actively removing Dems. Who knows, but it's clear the GOP will subvert the election in any way they can.

Both the need to be party-registered to vote in primaries, and the need to re-register for each election, vary state to state.

I'm went with Biden/Harris.
I'm hoping the Americans have finally had enough of Trump & his bullshit......but I dunno, the world has been turned on its head. Anything can happen. Idea scenario, Biden wins. Trump is humiliated (not possible) All his dodgy behavior catches up with him legally & he curses the day he even ran for public office.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This kind of dunking on Trump's stupidity and hypocrisy didn't work in 2016, didn't work in 2017, didn't work in 2018, and didn't work in 2019. It also didn't work against Bush 2000-2008.

BUT MAYBE THIS TIME.

didn't work at what though?
if it's designed to be a reasonably witty critique of contradictions inherent in trump's campaign, it works. as electioneering, which i suspect it's not intended, i guess it doesn't work.

It's about as reasonably witty as my OBSERVATIONAL post in response to it.

Here's another observation, the dems 2011-2018 were saying the same thing - "America would be so much better if only Obama had a supermajority and could get all the things done he wants to"

Trump is an out and out criminal, as are most of the people in his administration. He knows there exists (a slight) chance that he'd get prosecuted for some of his criminal doings if he gets booted out.

Nope. You know it and I know it. Will never, ever happen.

Last edited:
[joe biden voice]

Hey, oh, i'm sorry guys, i'm just having a bad morning. It's a good tweet, no need for us to fall out over it.

[/joe biden voice]

I'm just depressed about it all.

You can have the party of forever austerity and endless wars or the party of endless wars and forever austerity... and it all trickles down into Ireland. I honestly don't see Trump being any worse than Biden.

I honestly don't see Trump being any worse than Biden.
I think it comes down to the intangible hatred and division that Trump inspires, nothing to do with actual politics really, just this cult of personality bullshit. And he is so much better at it that Biden would ever be . So for that alone, Biden is the lesser of evils. You might still live in a divided country and have little prospects but at least your fellow citizens are spending every day in a seething rage at people who aren't like them.

Nope. You know it and I know it. Will never, ever happen.

LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM UP! USA! USA! USA! USA!

Nah. The Joe "fucks sake" Biden Mediocrity Show Administration (tm) won't do anything. But a state could get something and run with it. If for example someone like the Manhattan DA gets annoyed enough it's possible they can push a straight legal case against him, the states still have some autonomy. And Fucks Sake Biden couldn't pardon him even if he wanted to, which I don't thing he wants to. (If he did there'd be a riot pretty much.)

I don't think there's zero chance, just because he's broken so many laws the probability is that something could be loose and bite him. He's not some super genius with super genius lawyers, he's a doddery Bro with a Dude-Bro lawyers and Rudy Giuliani. These are not insurmountable obstacles. He has just got away with everything so far, but he's also fucked over a lot of people. It might only take something small to get it started.

Although, yeah, fuck all chance maybe, but I don't put it at zero.

You'd also have to consider to a Dem govt want to have the global shadow of a trump court case carrying through a term, and the global shadow of a president criminal.

This kind of dunking on Trump's stupidity and hypocrisy didn't work in 2016, didn't work in 2017, didn't work in 2018, and didn't work in 2019. It also didn't work against Bush 2000-2008.

BUT MAYBE THIS TIME.
But really the huge difference between now and 2016 is that this election will be a referendum on Trump's own first term.

From the Tory American on another forum (who unsurprisingly is weasling on his "yeah I'll vote for Biden" stance), this is not remotely worrying ...

"
there is a hardcore ammo shortage in the country right now. Cabelas, Bass Pro, any major website is absolutely sold out of every caliber. Your dedicated websites to ammo are sold out of the common calibers and the uncommon ones are super expensive.

Your best option is going to a gun store and most of them are limiting you to 1 box and it's very very expensive.

I did find gunbroker.com which is like an ebay for ammo and guns...you bid on people's private inventory.....and there's some hardcore price gouging happening on it but people are still buying it.

"

So if you can't get time off work because you work in, well, any job in America and were going to vote by mail (the same mail generous Trump sent you your covid cheque by) now you can't? cool, cool. As long as we're reaching across the aisle

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back