Normal People (1 Viewer)

What does B*rkean mean?
Burkean, seems to be an Irish alt-right website, or perhaps just rightwing is a better description. Maybe an attempt at an Irish National Review? If I had heard of it before i'd forgotten about it.

Hard to tell if trolling or just very old fashioned, perhaps a bit of both.

Admittedly, until recently I’ve never read Rooney’s books, though considering women’s taste in the written form that’s probably for the best.

I bet the lad writing this is all of 23

Last edited:
Obviously you've never read Game of Thrones
I have not read Game Of Thrones
This is true

That take may be possibly confirmation bias on my part, it's just something someone told me and has checked out for me since
Like I am reading that Emilie Pine book and she's on her way to visit her dying father and she makes a point of saying what she had to eat in the airport. And so stuff like that jumps out at me, confirming the thing that my friend told me.
Same with Nora Ephron, as good a writer as there is, never too far from food in her work.
But when I see cooking scenes in Godfather or Goodfellas, I think, "Ah that's the filmmaker reinforcing the theme of family"
So what do I know? I don't know.
I mean we all eat or we die. So we all care about food. Just seems to occupy a larger portion of female interest.
Like most of the food bloggers I read are women. While I acknowledge that there are also male food bloggers.
Most of the people I know on social media that post photos of food most often are women. While I do know that men also do this.

Also, it's not necessarily a negative to say women do stuff or have different priorities.
Women generally have different priorities to men. And I'm just trying to understand all of it. Life is a continuous period of learning.

But maybe the whole premise is wrong cos the stupid girl forgot the fucking cream for the strawberries. So maybe she doesn't care about food at all????

Last edited:
Burkean, seems to be an Irish alt-right website, or perhaps just rightwing is a better description. Maybe an attempt at an Irish National Review? If I had heard of it before i'd forgotten about it.

Think it was set up by some fuckin Trinity dickheads a year or two back. Like proper full-on pro-life kind of dickheads. Review is still very funny of course.

Think it was set up by some fuckin Trinity dickheads a year or two back. Like proper full-on pro-life kind of dickheads. Review is still very funny of course.

I think that Declan Ganley finances it, or at least gave it start up money. John McGuirk may have had his fingers in it at the start, although both of them criticised them when they published a pro-eugenics article. Whatever the Irish equivalent of the online MAGA choad is turned on McGuirk for that. Believe I saw tweets calling him a cuck.

I assume its because they are so deeply up their own holes that they've a google tracker for any time the thing gets mentioned so they can have some kind of soggy biscuit game involving the pings the thing has gotten and the OP was trying to avoid that happening. Kinda late now, be sure to sanitise those screens when you are done, Burkeans.

Poor oul Paul Mescal, getting thrust into the limelight as the heart-throb of the moment during a lockdown. Say he's raging. A friend of mine saw him in the local Co-op the other day.

Still haven't watched this and fairly dedicated to never watching it now. I retract all previous comments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back