Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (5 Viewers)

C'mere if you (or anyone else) get any video footage of normally busy places looking relatively deserted, will you please send it to me? Me and the kids are recording a cover of The Specials' Ghost Town atm, would be deadly to use footage of empty cities around the world for the video

Best way to send it is probably WeTransfer to [email protected]
There are a bunch here, egg

one thing about these models which i think might be missing - it assumes an infinite pool of potential infectees, yeah?
i.e. it's easy for me to affect 3 other people if i'm living with them, early in the epidemic. not so easy once they've already become part of the stats, the exposure of infected and contagious people, to non-infected people starts to fall.

I keep thinking of my poorly planned city in Cities:Skylines where there was a massive plague that overwhelmed my hospitals and I was only able to save the city by bulldozing every building with an infected inhabitant.

I don't understand this. Currently we're hitting 100-120 cases per 10k tested. Thats about 7%. From 40,000 tests, that's less than 4k cases if the rate holds. I'd expect it to drop within a few days due to the affects of social distancing being felt. What am I missing?

Seems its getting easier for contact tracing now as we're only exposed to the same few people all the time.

I think we'll have the back well broken on this fucker by easter.

I don't understand this. Currently we're hitting 100-120 cases per 10k tested. Thats about 7%. From 40,000 tests, that's less than 4k cases if the rate holds. I'd expect it to drop within a few days due to the affects of social distancing being felt. What am I missing?

Seems its getting easier for contact tracing now as we're only exposed to the same few people all the time.

I think we'll have the back well broken on this fucker by easter.
how many days behind are the test results though?

i know people waiting more than a week for the test. a couple already started to recover.
that said, if a tweet i saw which claimed to quote someone from the UCD virus reference lab is correct, we're testing at a similar per capita rate as germany and korea.

i know people waiting more than a week for the test. a couple already started to recover.
that said, if a tweet i saw which claimed to quote someone from the UCD virus reference lab is correct, we're testing at a similar per capita rate as germany and korea.
Is that waiting on a test itself or the results?

"Most patients will get their results in about 5 days."

I don't know if they wait 5 days to include you in the daily figures though 🤷‍♂️

So if there's a 10 day incubation period, 5 days to get a test and 5 days to get results, what we're looking at right now is roughly how many were infected on the 4th? 10 days before we started shutting things down?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back