Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (21 Viewers)

The purpose was clearly to get through to people that this is a historic moment that requires people to pull together. But sure you can’t please everyone.

Sure he could have used any of Churchil's speeches, weren't they all historic?

"White men are the true owners of the Earth"
"They'd be better off starving, they're not even white"

etc etc etc

Clearly Varadker doesn't give two fucks about his Indian roots anyway

Sure he could have used any of Churchil's speeches, weren't they all historic?

"White men are the true owners of the Earth"
"They'd be better off starving, they're not even white"

etc etc etc

Clearly Varadker doesn't give two fucks about his Indian roots anyway
MAN SAYS SAME SENTENCE AS BAD MAN, THEREFORE ALSO IS BAD MAN. Wtf dude

Woke up this morning with a new cough. I always have a cough, or at least, I cough several times a day, the last remnants of childhood asthma, but hours later I'm still coughing. I don't have a temperature (am actually in the mid 35s) but am feeling a bit flushed and sweaty. Also a little bit wheezy and short of breath.

I've called my GP and he is going to send me forward for testing. I've been advised to self isolate until I get test results. I could be waiting a few days for testing, I'm low risk and I imagine that they might be triaging higher risk people.

I have been out and about a bit, (shopping, some work related activity but I've mostly been in my home office for work,) and I've been pretty careful, very conscious with my social distancing, vigilant about cough etiquette and hand washing. If it comes back positive then all I can say is that people need to be really careful, because I have done my best to be as careful as I can.

Hopefully I'm just being overly cautious and it's just a seasonal cold, but I'm not going to be blase about it.

At this stage I'm more worried about my folks. They live close by and I've been their point of contact to the outside world. I've been in the house. We've all been social distancing and it's maybe last Tuesday since I've touched them I think. When I called the doctor I worried that I was being silly but when I mentioned my parents and their proximity he reassured me that I was right to be cautious.
You are doing everything right

Just keep doing the next right thing and you and your folks will get through this

Godspeed

Up the Arse

Cheers, going to do my best. I'll be fine.

Hey @Bernie Lomax, how're you feeling at this stage?
Hope you’re alright! Good that you’re getting tested. I wish I could get tested!

I’m doing ok. Was laid out this morning but managed to have some lunch just now and feel better. Tomorrow should be a full week since I started showing symptoms so I should be out the other side soon 🤞

Hope you’re alright! Good that you’re getting tested. I wish I could get tested!

I’m doing ok. Was laid out this morning but managed to have some lunch just now and feel better. Tomorrow should be a full week since I started showing symptoms so I should be out the other side soon 🤞

You sound worse than me, but this is only day one of symptoms if I do have it. But it's a fucking joke that you can't get a test and all I had to do was call my GP and say that I'd a new cough and felt a bit flushed and he said he'd sort it for me.

Ah @Unicron sad to hear you're unwell, and yes, you're doing and have done absolutely everything you can. I hope you get tested soon, we're all rooting for you and your folks.

You'll be in a white t-shirt in no time
1584628528555.png

Did you ring anyone @Bernie Lomax ? just wondering what the structure is over there. Civil Service here is getting everyone they can to train up on Contact Tracing.

Good luck and feel better soon. You got enough food?

What do you do with covid-19-besmeared supermarket supplies when you get them home? Is it known how long the virus can live on packets as time etc? Can it live in vegetables? I'm thinking I might put stuff aside for a few days before use.
The thinking is mixed on this, mainly because the science just doesn't know yet. Once scientist said it doesn't matter. Pour your cereal out of the box and put it back in the cupboard, just wash your hands after.
Then I read on CNN that it lives on packaging for up to 4 days, and with kids nipping in and out of the cupboards for snacks, I got got paranoid. Did the weeks shop this morning, brought it in, and then with wipes cleaned every item. Pain in the whole, but fuck it...

This came up in my feed immediately after reading your post, I don't know how good or bad Technology Review is about these things but posting it anyways

Also, is there any hope to gleaned from the amount of new cases being reported? We've been 5-10% under the modelled numbers for the last two days. Meaningless, or a good reflection on the measures in place?

I haven't be wiping any shopping down. It occurred to me, but also occurred to me that path could lead to madness. Leaving it until the HSE recommends it. Planning on getting a beer order in from Rascals to split with a bud soon, so hopefully I don't give him anything when splitting the case.

Well I definitely have something tonsils banging away today and yesterday some thick mucus to cough up and the throat is a little dry. Before that for some days it was a stiff neck and shoulders and general fatigue I also felt like pukeing one morning but I really don't know what it is It could be a normal bug.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back