What movie did you watch last night? (6 Viewers)

yeah but:

1. A better film would be Aliens arrive and we spend the whole film following Amy Adams and friends decoding their language, the end.

2. more importantly, why is she the only one who can see into the future? Wasn't that the whole point of the language?
Is the book she writes about it really bad and doesn't actually teach else anyone to read the alien language?

Or did you have to go into their pod to get her special powers?
Yeah I didn't get that either or a lot of the why language gives you a deeper understanding of everything stuff - then again I thought they named the Aliens Elvis and Costello!

Snowden - Oliver Stone back in form, very enjoyable movie about the heroic whistle blower.

The Shallows - Entertaining little thriller about a female surfer who does battle with a very aggressive shark.

Arrival. Smart, thought provoking and moving sci if film. Strong performances and great special effects. One of the best films I've seen this year. Roll on Bladerunner 2!

Have heard nothing but great things about this..looking forward to seeing it.

Nocturnal Animals - didn't really know what to make of this. I liked parts of it and Michael Shanon was vg but I walked out a bit underwhelmed overall.

It's a standard revenge thriller wrapped inside another story that's not that interesting. The inside story can get away with all sorts of clichés (hillbilly rapists) because it's a fiction within a fiction.

And isn't it ultimately suggesting that the worst possible thing a woman can do to a man is to abort his baby? Equating it to rape/murder? And that wreaking revenge by inflicting emotional trauma and humiliation is justified?

I dunno. Maybe I just didn't get this movie but the more I think about it the more it irritates me.

Nocturnal Animals - didn't really know what to make of this. I liked parts of it and Michael Shanon was vg but I walked out a bit underwhelmed overall.

It's a standard revenge thriller wrapped inside another story that's not that interesting. The inside story can get away with all sorts of clichés (hillbilly rapists) because it's a fiction within a fiction.

And isn't it ultimately suggesting that the worst possible thing a woman can do to a man is to abort his baby? Equating it to rape/murder? And that wreaking revenge by inflicting emotional trauma and humiliation is justified?

I dunno. Maybe I just didn't get this movie but the more I think about it the more it irritates me.

I didn't like the Amy Adams bits, and i fucking love Amy Adams (bar the one scene with Laura Linney, who I also think is great), but I did like story within the story, dingy hicksploitation, dumb but good.

For all the talk of his epic revenge

standing her up for dinner seems pretty lame.

Yeah I didn't get that either or a lot of the why language gives you a deeper understanding of everything stuff - then again I thought they named the Aliens Elvis and Costello!
if them aliens is so smart how come they didn't ever end up learning English? lazy aliens, expecting us to learn their language so that we can help them!

Paterson. Adam Driver plays a bus driver who writes poems, has a hot wife and a fat little bulldog and just goes about his days in a quiet New Jersey town. Sounds awful when you write it out like that but it's a lovely little film.

Paterson. Adam Driver plays a bus driver who writes poems, has a hot wife and a fat little bulldog and just goes about his days in a quiet New Jersey town. Sounds awful when you write it out like that but it's a lovely little film.

I spent a fair bit of time in Paterson when I was making a record a few years back, it is a rough as fuck town and a big part of the reason I'm going to see this is to spot places I know.

The Sopranos used to shoot on location there a bit. The bing is about 10 minutes away and the town that Tony used to go to therapy in was maybe 20 away

I spent a fair bit of time in Paterson when I was making a record a few years back, it is a rough as fuck town and a big part of the reason I'm going to see this is to spot places I know.

The Sopranos used to shoot on location there a bit. The bing is about 10 minutes away and the town that Tony used to go to therapy in was maybe 20 away
Yeah, it's got that Sopranos look to it alright

Started to watch Victoria last night in the Thumped Movie Thread Recommendation. We made it about 20 minutes before herself goes "this is too arty for me right now" (it was late and she was sick). So we opted for something lighter and shorter, an episode of Maron.
What I saw I liked, I'll finish it at another time.

yeah but:

1. A better film would be Aliens arrive and we spend the whole film following Amy Adams and friends decoding their language, the end.

2. more importantly, why is she the only one who can see into the future? Wasn't that the whole point of the language?
Is the book she writes about it really bad and doesn't actually teach else anyone to read the alien language?

Or did you have to go into their pod to get her special powers?
I enjoyed it and thought it was entertaining and intriguing

Until I read your spoiler

Now I hate it

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back