New Radiohead (1 Viewer)

"arguably the most celebrated band in all of music"

i suppose some people could literally have an argument about it, that's the only sense in which that sentence is true

Tom Dunne played it all last night and I thought it sounded terrific. I ended up pre-ordering that fancy pants vinyl version as I got caught up in the madness. Now I'm listening to all their albums in chronological order, currently on OK Computer.

even pablo honey?

even pablo honey?
Even Pablo Honey which wasn't quite as boring as I remembered it to be. I'm still sick to death of "Creep" but was glad I listened to it because "Blow Out" is pretty good and was an indication of what was to come. Got as far as Hail to the Thief last night and enjoying Kid A onwards much more than the older albums.

surprised by the amount of people i've talked to recently whose favourite album is In Rainbows, i don't get it. Might give it another go to see who's wrong

remember that time radiohead played marlay park and there was a thread about Thom Yorke sightings.

There were so many sightings of him I'd say when he went to take a shit there was someone from thumped there watching.

Prick gave out shite to me (well, gave me daggers) at a deerhoof gig for playing with my phone.

Aye, In Rainbows is my favourite, by a mile. I'd only become a fan after Hail to the Thief, so it was the first LP I was excited to hear by them. Still think it's superb.

King of Limbs left me pretty cold bar a handful of songs, but I think the new one is terrific. It sounds lovelier than they ever have before, but the more you listen the more this sinister grip seems to be taking hold. It's great.

Same here, overall ranking would be:
Kid A/Amnesiac (impossible to separate for me)
Hail to the Thief
OK Computer
In Rainbows
King of Limbs
The Bends
(though "Street Spirit" is probably in my top three Radiohead songs, rest of the album hasn't dated quite as well)
Pablo Honey

Same here, overall ranking would be:
Kid A/Amnesiac (impossible to separate for me)
Hail to the Thief
OK Computer
In Rainbows
King of Limbs
The Bends
(though "Street Spirit" is probably in my top three Radiohead songs, rest of the album hasn't dated quite as well)
Pablo Honey
Need to listen to the new one a bit to decide where it goes. I reckon it will slot in somewhere between OK Computer and The Bends based on my first listen.

The Bends (though "Street Spirit" is probably in my top three Radiohead songs, rest of the album hasn't dated quite as well)

I'd go along with that. Street Spirit still sounds superb. Fake Plastic Trees and Nice Dream aren't bad. The rockers just wash over me now.

"It's not a bad song........ its a terrible song": Thom Yorke on High and Dry. Or words to that effect.

The Bends (though "Street Spirit" is probably in my top three Radiohead songs, rest of the album hasn't dated quite as well)

Mad! I was listening to that album the other day and was just marvelling at how great it all sounds bar Street Spirit which sounds like the most generic 90's alternative rock thing ever. When I listen to that song I see this video

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

street spirit is awful. i've no notion of why people like it at all.

King of limbs
Kid A
A moon shaped pool
Ok Computer
in rainbows (basement sessions over the actual record possibly)
Amnesiac

I think i knocked down Ok computer temporarily for now. Might come up again...

Ok Computer
Amnesiac
Kid A
In Rainbows
The Bends
Hail To The Thief (really need to give this one another go though)
King of limbs

Don't really know Pablo Honey and its too soon to put A Moon Shaped Pool on the list, but I am liking it.

Amnesiac*
OK Computer*
Kid A*
Hail To The Thief
The Bends
In Rainbows
Pablo Honey
A Moon Shaped Pool
The King of Limbs

My top 3 are pretty interchangeable depending on which one I'm listening to at the time.

Hail To The Thief could have been higher if they'd ditched a few songs off it. It's a little over-long, but some cracking tunes on there all the same. Incredible gig in the Point around that time too. Out of the 7 or so times I've seen them, that one really sticks out.

In Rainbows is very slowey growing on me, but I've yet to fully bond with it.

A Moon Shaped Pool.... well the jury's till out on that on that one. Some lovely stuff on there but currently find myself losing attention during the middle of the album. Solo on Identikit is fucking horrendous too. Sounds like a migraine, and not in a cool way like Wilco managed to pull off.

The King of Limbs, well, we all know that album was horseshit, don't we? Sounds like a parody of Radiohead. Codex is the only decent tune on there.

in rainbows (basement sessions over the actual record possibly)

could be with you on this

i'd take the solo version of videotape though
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

In Rainbows
King of Limbs
A Moon Shaped Pool
Hail to the Thief
Kid A /Amnesiac
Ok Computer
The Bends
Pablo Honey

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back