New Radiohead (1 Viewer)

Anyone listen to that Kid A Mnesia box set yet? I’m listening now on the stream box and it’s pretty good - the bonus tracks I mean. Some really nice little bits there, mostly short little sketches so far but thinking of picking up the vinyl.

Anyone listen to that Kid A Mnesia box set yet? I’m listening now on the stream box and it’s pretty good - the bonus tracks I mean. Some really nice little bits there, mostly short little sketches so far but thinking of picking up the vinyl.

I have the boxset, the fancy one, it arrived before christmas, currently in the too be played pile. But I'll get to ti soon.

The new Smile album is a grower, real nice.

Gig in two weeks not looking like a sell out or anything like it. Some front row seats still available (platinum). But decent normal seats still showing on ticketmaster.

upper tier will be curtained off so.

i was barely aware of them but now it appears i'm going to the gig; a friend has a spare ticket.
wait... oh shit they're playing dublin?

Tickets for the Dublin Radiohead gig are selling online for over €700 - up to 11 times more than face value.
The Thom Yorke fronted band will play the 3Arena next year on June 20, the first time they've performed in Dublin since 2008 when they played Malahide Castle.

FFS. ok.

wait... oh shit they're playing dublin?

Tickets for the Dublin Radiohead gig are selling online for over €700 - up to 11 times more than face value.
The Thom Yorke fronted band will play the 3Arena next year on June 20, the first time they've performed in Dublin since 2008 when they played Malahide Castle.

FFS. ok.
That's from 2016
Radiohead are no more, I'm pretty sure
The gig being talked about is The Smile at 3Arena

The new Smile album is a grower, real nice.

Gig in two weeks not looking like a sell out or anything like it. Some front row seats still available (platinum). But decent normal seats still showing on ticketmaster.

upper tier will be curtained off so.
Seems like a massive overestimation of their appeal

I guess ersatz Radiohead is not the same draw as classic Radiohead

I've not really had much energy to give to the smile. I heard a few tracks and it's kinda fine I guess. I just struggle to remember any of it.
I really liked one track from the Junun thing with that Isreali composer that had greenwood in it but the growing proximity to isreal is hard to sit with at this point - Like I sorta get it, they are three generations deep in propaganda because you kinda have to be to sustain that country - they've known nothing but being the overseers of aparthied - however musicians and artists have every opportunity to be worldly. Maybe brits find that relatable at some undisclosable level.

Can't believe you lads are in the other thread slagging Thom.

I get it though. First couple of listens to the new album was disappointing, I was expecting immediate things like the first one. Reminded me more on York;s second two solo records, which I haven't given enough time too. The first one really has great songs. i wonder if they have been knocking about for a while.

I do very much like the second one now though. Under Our Pillows and Bending Hectic, very very good.

8 years and counting since the last Radiohead album. It would be really interesting to see a new album from them. Would it be much different from the Smile? The bass playing and drums on these smile albums are great, but i miss the Radiohead boys. Full band might seem pointless to York now.

Re: gig on Thursday. Im thinking gig of the year material. I'm glad I have seats, and they arent shit Olympia seats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back