What movie did you watch last night? (8 Viewers)

not at all! But it's easier to browse than a torrents website
Ok, I’ll try my best.

Dunno if you can get it in Ireland, but BFI player is great. Costs about a fiver to stream a flick but they show all kinds of weird and wonderful films that are hard to find anywhere else. I watched James White and Appropriate Behaviour on there because I missed them in the cinema and couldn’t find them on torrents.

Watch Great Films on the BFI Player

Ok, I’ll try my best.
Dunno if you can get it in Ireland, but BFI player is great. Costs about a fiver to stream a flick but they show all kinds of weird and wonderful films that are hard to find anywhere else. I watched James White and Appropriate Behaviour on there because I missed them in the cinema and couldn’t find them on torrents.

Watch Great Films on the BFI Player

Might give it a shot! I watch the odd film on Volta.ie as well but sure I'd have to know what i'm looking for to even begin.

@7 - No tomorrow you were always at the film fests so you too. What films should I see?

Might give it a shot! I watch the odd film on Volta.ie as well but sure I'd have to know what i'm looking for to even begin.

@7 - No tomorrow you were always at the film fests so you too. What films should I see?
Happily, but I don't know what you like.
What do you like?

Yeah, tbf, I watch more horror films than any other genre – about 3 a week, but I also go to the cinema at least once a week and watch “good” movies. I wouldn’t really recommend horror films to people unless I know they’re horror fans or the films cross over into the mainstream/critically acclaimed. For example, my favourite film of the year is Bone Tomahawk but it an extremely violent, talky 2hr 15min horror western which probably wouldn’t be to most people’s tastes.

Yeah, tbf, I watch more horror films than any other genre – about 3 a week, but I also go to the cinema at least once a week and watch “good” movies. I wouldn’t really recommend horror films to people unless I know they’re horror fans or the films cross over into the mainstream/critically acclaimed. For example, my favourite film of the year is Bone Tomahawk but it an extremely violent, talky 2hr 15min horror western which probably wouldn’t be to most people’s tastes.
Right. One of my favourite films is Dean Spanley
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

But it's unapologetically sentimental, so I feel odd recommending it to people.

i've never heard of this movie
Recommended if you've ever had a dog. Or a father.
I’m constantly praising Spielberg’s War of the Worlds but the majority of people hate it. I think it’s one of the best sci fi films ever made.
You should like 10 Cloverfield so. Some of it plays like a really good B-version of that.

I also think Payback is fantastic. Not a universally loved film, but it's gets all the elements of Westlake's noir right in a modern setting and it might be even better than Point Blank.
No one likes Mel Gibson anymore though.

I'm trying to think of movies I've watched over and over again.
Not counting obvious stuff like Godfather and Aliens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back