PCs (2 Viewers)

Anthony

Supporter
Since 2000
Solutions
Website
www.themiddleagesband.com
One of my lads is dead set on getting a windows machine. I have no knowledge at all here. We were in PC World looking at machines. Windows 10 seems nice and the specs on the machines seem excellent. We were looking at the iMac-like all in one machines. I quite liked this HP all in one thing with touchscreen etc. there was also a nice one by Lenovo (who the fuck).
Are these type of things any good or should we be be sticking with a black box jobbie?

For the love of god don't get an all in one.The beauty of PCS is the limitless upgradability cos I gaurantee ya the yungflit will be looking for a fancy GFX card at some stage so he can get his all night LFD2 on heh,and the all in ones don't have any room for expansion.

Go for a mini tower with 8gbs ram min and a decent intel cpu and yizzl be bullet proof for years

Like, I have my i7 4 years now and its still the dogs bollocks.

Well..an i7..dosent have to be this years model.

@pete is totally the man on this topic

His crack is on point

Seconding this! Also, it's really only super important if he wants to play games; he's gonna need to be able to upgrade the graphics card, RAM, etc - all of which is easier/cheaper than getting a whole new computer when you find out six months from now you can't play some new-release games.

Also: Lenovo are grand, they're basically IBMs. My SO's got a Lenovo laptop that's big enough to comfortably watch telly on. (And she's been rolling her own PCs since she was a kid.)

What he says. If you're buying a PC and expect it to last 3-5 years before replacing it then maybe consider an all in one or a Dell. If you want more flexibility go for a standard beige box. Best option is a self build.

Pete will build it for you, he loves that shit....

Deffo, DIY is the way forward for a kids PC, in a year or two he'll be taking it apart and shoving in extra bits, which is a gift in itself.

My PC is reasonably decently spec'd, 16gb ram blah, and more powerful than I could possibly need, but the actual guts and case etc are knocking on for 10 years at this stage.

I'd chime in but I'm a bit clueless about gaming machines..

PC Gaming be like...
PHwbr9p.jpg

Just bought the new XCom

hope to christ my laptop can play it, my specs are looking a bit dodgy though

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back