PCs (1 Viewer)

my lad has configured one on custompc.ie, chosen all the different bits etc. I can't work out from the site if they'll build it and send it out of we'll just get a bunch of boxes.

Thanks.
Has anyone used these before? He has saved for over 2 years for this. I want this money to be well spent.
Afraid there's loads of terrible reviews for them over on boards: boards.ie - Now Ye're Talkin'

Some decent places that I know of:
PC components and online computer shop - Award winning supplier - Scan.co.uk

Overclockers UK
https://www.computeruniverse.net/
https://www.computeruniverse.net/
Hardware, Notebooks & Software von Mindfactory.de (No English version).

What are the specs of the configured machine? Throw them up here & we can give our 2cents.

If he's buying it for gaming try to go for an Nvidia 970 video card if you can. i have one and can play GTAV, Far Cry 4, the new Doom at 4k, even with my relatively ancient (just checked - it's 5 years old) i7-2600k CPU.

I'd recommend bumping the RAM up to 16GB from 8GB and the Windows license for £80? Shur you could easily get a five finger discount on that around the place.

Power supply is included "450W "80+ Bronze" PSU". I notice that there's no wifi card or optical drive on that machine configuration, if you think you might need them, add 'em.

Great, I've changed some of the specs on that pc. Thing is it's a bit over budget. Young fellat has asked me to "ask your friends how to make it cheaper but still good".

You could play around with the case. Change to either the BitFenix Neos ATX Tower White/Silver or Xigatek Recon USB 3.0 Mid-Tower Black and you'll save £31/£30 from the selected case in the URL above. The white one looks like the old cheese grater MacPro.

For sure, but this one isn't a "proper" ssd. I'd say go with the standard 1TB for now then when funds allow stick in maybe a 500Gb SSD... (i've a 256GB Samsung Evo and it's not enough space for OS & apps)

If he's buying it for gaming try to go for an Nvidia 970 video card if you can. i have one and can play GTAV, Far Cry 4, the new Doom at 4k, even with my relatively ancient (just checked - it's 5 years old) i7-2600k CPU.

Is that the Nvidia GeForce GTX970? I'm just about to pull the trigger on a PC build myself and the graphics card is the thing I'm most indecisive about. Not sure if I should get a slightly older one, or wait for the new Radeon RX480 for $200 that everyone is losing their shit over.

Is that the Nvidia GeForce GTX970? I'm just about to pull the trigger on a PC build myself and the graphics card is the thing I'm most indecisive about. Not sure if I should get a slightly older one, or wait for the new Radeon RX480 for $200 that everyone is losing their shit over.
aye it's pretty nice. just dropped in price too.

Thanks for your help everyone. We've just ordered the machine with Overclockers. We changed the spec a bit

Goods Ordered (prices in GBP)
£734.11 x 1 - "Titan Khukuri" Intel Core i5-6400 DDR4 Skylake Quad Core Gaming PC
£0.00 x 1 - ESET Smart Security - Trial Key
£91.66 x 1 - BenQ GL2450 24" 1920x1080 TN Widescreen LED Monitor - Black
£14.16 x 1 - MARS Gaming MCP0 Gaming Keyboard & Mouse - UK Layout
£22.49 x 1 - TP-Link 450Mbps Wireless N Dual Band PCI Express Adapter (TL-WDN4800)

Sub-Total: 862.42
Shipping: 23.35
VAT: 203.73
Total: 1089.5

Expect PC questions from me in the months to come.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back