Boardwalk Empire Season 5 (2 Viewers)

Oh, I have no idea.
I just used the search function.

Missus Van Alden though, yeah?
I love her.

The guy who played the young Nucky was so distracting with his Steve Buscemi facial expressions.

I thought that episode, like most of the episodes in this season so far, was mostly rubbish with a few good scenes – most of the featuring Michael Shannon and Shea Whigham

Why are they even bothering with the Gillian storyline?

this guy
Boardwalk-Empire-minicap-young-adult-nucky-5-05.jpg

He looks a lot like him and his mannerisms were spot on but the false teeth were really distracting.

Van Alden / Eli scenes were the best. Van Alden is both the menace and comic relief of the show.

I assume the flashbacks will make it up until the point where he brings Gillian to The Commadore which will subsequently link up to something shit happening to Gillian in the present day.

My guess is that it will all end with Nucky getting out of the game and away from Luciano / Lansky (please don't spoil this, I don't know the historical reality) and then the mysterious kid in the club will turn out to be Tommy and will shoot him.

Or maybe he'll kill possible Tommy......

Nucky is different enough to the real Nucky that any looking at his bio tells you nothing of how the show ends. Really dunno how they are going to pack all the pay off into the last few episodes.

Chalkie and Narcisse
Eli and Van Alden (my favourite character by a country mile)
Nucky and Margaret's ultimate fate
Lansky/Luciano etc.

The way they wrote Nucky's Cuba lady out seemed perfunctory, sloppy. Apart from them wanting to have Joe Kennedy in it the Cuban part of this series seems like a waste of time.

He lost it all and went to jail

Which I'd have to think is where the show is headed.

I didn't read beneath your spoiler tag but I meant the historical reality of Lansky/Luciano/Torio.....that would give a bigger indication of what might happen to Nucky.

But anyway, I know Nucky Thompson is based on Nucky Johnson so he has been fictionalised in comparison to the people who keep their real names.

I didn't read beneath your spoiler tag but I meant the historical reality of Lansky/Luciano/Torio.....that would give a bigger indication of what might happen to Nucky.

But anyway, I know Nucky Thompson is based on Nucky Johnson so he has been fictionalised in comparison to the people who keep their real names.

Right.

I'd still have to think that there's a reason they picked such a relatively obscure guy. Why do so if he doesn't fit the narrative they want to tell?

Right.

I'd still have to think that there's a reason they picked such a relatively obscure guy. Why do so if he doesn't fit the narrative they want to tell?

Well they picked someone to base their character on but changed the name specifically so they wouldn't have to be tied down historically to the person like they are other people in the cast.

Well they picked someone to base their character on but changed the name specifically so they wouldn't have to be tied down historically to the person like they are other people in the cast.

Fair enough.

It's not like we have long to wait to find out.

I might cancel HBO after this.

I'm really liking the way it's been going, feels much satisfying compared to last season. It's still not a patch on seasons 1-3 but still a cut above everything else I'm watching.

I can't believe it.

Here what was deal with Chalky and Narcisse? I didn't quite catch why Chalky rolled over.

Most depressing episode of Boardwalk ever.

I can't believe it.

Here what was deal with Chalky and Narcisse? I didn't quite catch why Chalky rolled over.

Most depressing episode of Boardwalk ever.

He wanted your wan to get a shot at the big time and I guess he figured that wouldn't happen if Narcisse was dead.

I mean.....I think that's it. And he has nothing else to live for anyway.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back