House prices (1 Viewer)

I contacted the CSO yesterday for work to see how things were fairing in the 'rest of ireland'

the answer is that they surveyed the whole 'rest of ireland' as one thing, i.e averaging the price of a gaff in rural west donegal with cork city.

I'm not sure how 'scientific' the whole thing is basically.

I contacted the CSO yesterday for work to see how things were fairing in the 'rest of ireland'

the answer is that they surveyed the whole 'rest of ireland' as one thing, i.e averaging the price of a gaff in rural west donegal with cork city.

Also, no one can get a mortgage and tons of people have yet to be foreclosed upon.

Still, buy buy buy!

very limited number of overall transactions (even in dublin). similar problem with averages even in the city I'd imagine.

Prices are going up really fast at the moment.

Which indicates that the right time to buy was about 6-12 months ago, and the wrong time to buy is anytime between now and the next housing market collapse.

If I was in any way committed to staying in Ireland long term I'd have tried to buy last year.

prices are going up due to a shortage of supply (rather than, necessarily, an increase in demand). This could be as much to do with people being reluctant to move for whatever reason.

Also, as far as I'm aware, these figures are based on cash purchases only, and don't factor in anything to do with mortgages, etc.

A great time to buy in Dublin it would seem.

Prices can only go up.

Mega LOLZ^^^

035ostrich_468x538.jpg

They say Dublin, but is it not in reality only fairly specific areas of south Dublin that are seeing this spike in prices? Like all those people sitting on cash (or decent incomes) are now trying to buy in 'nice' areas?

They say Dublin, but is it not in reality only fairly specific areas of south Dublin that are seeing this spike in prices? Like all those people sitting on cash (or decent incomes) are now trying to buy in 'nice' areas?

That's exactly it. 'Desirable areas'

Finglas is still cheap as chips. Buy!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back