What movie did you watch last night? (6 Viewers)

The Angels Share. Latest film by Ken Loach. Surprisingly it is set in Glasgow and involves characters who are living on the margins of society. This time its a bunch of small time crooks who are on a community service scheme. My favourite was the girl who got the community service for trying to steal a Macaw, but the feathers were sticking out of her carrier bag. Four of them come up with a scheme to get rich quick...

Highly recommend it. ****

angels-share-glengoyne-blog.jpg

I went to see this one today, it was deadly alright

Apparently they shot a lot of scenes featuring Guy Pierce as young 'old man' but never included it so we only saw Guy in his old man make up.

As a result I'd imagine we'll get numerous Prometheus - Director's Cuts over the next few years...

More spoilers here

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I've read that the DVD/ BluRay release in october will be 30 mins longer than the theatrical release.

I would have GLADLY sat for an extra 30 mins in the theatre.

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. Pretty good. 3D a bit dodgy at start but smartened up, didn't have the option of 2D. Fights well choreographed, good effects and these Vampires go about in the daylight but mostly wear shades. The Vampire tale fitted neatly enough around Lincolns real life history.

abraham-lincoln-vampire-hunter-movie-poster-03.jpg

eXistenz - Cronenberg's disgusting brainfuck of a film. I'd written this off as one of his lesser films but it's really not. The cast are great, particularly Willem Defoe in an amusing cameo, and there's a few disgustingly brilliant vintage Cronenberg moments. The flesh and bone gun that fires human teeth is excellent. And it makes you, like, think about shit.

eXistenz - Cronenberg's disgusting brainfuck of a film. I'd written this off as one of his lesser films but it's really not. The cast are great, particularly Willem Defoe in an amusing cameo, and there's a few disgustingly brilliant vintage Cronenberg moments. The flesh and bone gun that fires human teeth is excellent. And it makes you, like, think about shit.

Not to mention Jennifer Jason Leigh :heart:

It's still a flawed effort though if you ask me. It pulls a few punches and the ending isn't great. Not a patch on something like Videodrome.

I can't believe I'm admitting this but I watched, see below (along with The Woman in the Fifth & Dangerous Method) and it was the best of the three. In fact, I actually really enjoyed it in a schmaltzy way. Oddly touching or maybe it was my mood. I also think I have a crush on both Tom Wilkinson and Bill Nighy.

the-best-exotic-marigold-hotel1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back