What movie did you watch last night? (18 Viewers)

I enjoyed it, even though it's a bit of a mess... a case of wanting to have your cake and eat it- an attempt to explain and retain the mystery... definitely seems like there's a good film in there that needs a more coherent edit.

Resistance: Life in an occupied Welsh valley after the d-day landings fail and Britain is invaded. This is one S - L - O - W movie. Stars that German from Game Of Thrones and has Michael Sheen in it for about 5 minutes, tops. Doesn't really go anywhere but watchable all the same.

image-62D6_4F6AD7A3.jpg

I always thought he was French. A bit dopey with accents.

great character though.

Moonrise-Kingdom.jpg

This is good Wes Anderson as opposed to boring Darjeeling Limited Wes Anderson. Also I noticed that Frances McDormand looks very like Iggy Pop at times.

the young fella reminds me a bit of Glenn from Mad Men

Also what wasn't bad is that new Mel Gibson mexican prison movie.

Saw Headhunters yesterday, not bad, would have been better if it hadn't had been wrapped up so neatly by end, pushed the premise of it bit to far into
picardfp.gif
territory

Saw Headhunters yesterday, not bad, would have been better if it hadn't had been wrapped up so neatly by end, pushed the premise of it bit to far into
picardfp.gif
territory

Yeah, it was initially fun, then gradually went in ever-decreasing circles up its own hole.

Prometheus. Some great
SF tropes
in there.
Can't blame the Engineers for wanting to wipe us out.
The 3D din't work too well at times, would have preferred to see it in 2D but was dragged along. Good starship designs. Didn't like the idea of Charlize Theron as an
evil corporate
type, but have to admit she was
good

Prometheus. Some great
SF tropes
in there.
Can't blame the Engineers for wanting to wipe us out.
The 3D din't work too well at times, would have preferred to see it in 2D but was dragged along. Good starship designs. Didn't like the idea of Charlize Theron as an
evil corporate
type, but have to admit she was
good

Spoiler tags, man!

phenomena3.jpg

PHENOMENA. Jennifer Connelly with telepathic links to insects, Donald Pleasence in a wheelchair with a helper chimp who likes to carry a straight razor, a serial killer, Goblin, ridiculousness. Great.

vice+squad+320x240.jpeg

VICE SQUAD. Wings Hauser as a pimp on the rampage, also sings over the opening and closing credits.
Highly recommended. Directed by Gary Sherman (Death Line aka Raw Meat). cinematographed by John Alcott (70s /80s Kubrick films, Beastmaster). Apparently Martin Scorcese called this the best film of 1982, but he probably meant best film not featuring barbarians.

The Angels Share. Latest film by Ken Loach. Surprisingly it is set in Glasgow and involves characters who are living on the margins of society. This time its a bunch of small time crooks who are on a community service scheme. My favourite was the girl who got the community service for trying to steal a Macaw, but the feathers were sticking out of her carrier bag. Four of them come up with a scheme to get rich quick...

Highly recommend it. ****

angels-share-glengoyne-blog.jpg

21 Jump Street - far, far funnier than it has any right to be

This Must Be The Place - quite good. not amazing, but definitely worth a watch.

Picked up ENVY for a couple of bats.
Jack Black, funny. Ben Stiller, funny. Amy Pholer, funny. Christopher Walken, talented. Music by Mark Mothersburg. What could go wrong I thought?

Turns out everything can go wrong. Terrible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back