What's the worst place you've ever visited? (1 Viewer)

Barcelona is the only 'wow' type place I ever visited that I have taken an active dislike to or would consider a shithole. The amount of provincial small towns or outer suburban neighbourhoods you could list would be never ending I would presume?

Barcelona has nice architecture but is a hive of scum and villainy.

Ah lads .... Barcelona is great. Yiz didn't spend all your time hanging around the Ramblas did ye?

Ah lads .... Barcelona is great. Yiz didn't spend all your time hanging around the Ramblas did ye?

Nope, not at all, although the place we stayed was just off La Rambla, I just hated being on guard like that at all times of day and night. It's not much of a holiday when you get all paranoid.

Nope, not at all, although the place we stayed was just off La Rambla .....

That was your first mistake ;-)

Seriously though ..... I will admit that the first time I was ever in Barcelona myself and the wan were walking down the Ramblas with our rucksacks on our backs looking for somewhere to stay, and next thing we spot some scumbag shoving his hand into this woman's bag and rooting around looking for something to steal.

However, I've been there about 8 or 9 times since then (I have a mate who lives there so it's not just because I love the place - though I do) and never encountered any other instance of nastiness/crime, though I know it happens, and has happened to several people I know. When questioned about such incidents however it invariably involves being drunk in the vicinity of the Ramblas in the middle of the night.

Brussels was fairly shit, although i was only there for day and a half. This pub was pretty good though. I remember been bored walking around doing the touristy thing, then sitting in my hotel room while kids outside played keepy uppy, who ever didn't keep it up got beat up while there was a repeated news programme about chess boxing on tv

I got me camera stolen in Plaza Real of las ramblas.Didnt even know till a cop with a machine gun knocked on the door asking would I press charges.It was xmas eve and I was rat arsed.The two thiefs were outside against a wall surrounded by the fuzz who watched the whole thing go down.They were begging me not to send them to the clink for christmas!

I was like..Fuck That.BOOK EM DANNO!

I was in Barcelona in 2001 and never felt on edge or saw any evidence of it being a crime hole. Maybe I'm not that attentive. Going there again for Primavera. I'll probably get stolen.

Sadly, the worst place I ever visited was my hometown and it's suburbs.

I saw two people shot dead in high school. Race riots, pistol whipping... All sorts of gruesome poverty and violence and racism...

What a dump... Couldn't pay me to move back, even though I believe it's a bit better now...

Sadly, the worst place I ever visited was my hometown and it's suburbs.

I saw two people shot dead in high school. Race riots, pistol whipping... All sorts of gruesome poverty and violence and racism...

What a dump... Couldn't pay me to move back, even though I believe it's a bit better now...

You from Darndale?

Rosso on senegal/mauritania border - poxy shithole. hardly any pictures online, probably because anyone who takes their camera out has it swiped. I'm sure theres worse places though.

17115341.jpg

Me? I'm afraid to ask that now after the Johnnyraz affair. I was menaced on the shore there by shysters, a frenchman came to my rescue and whisked me away across the river in his boat to where there were more shysters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back