The Dubliner's "20 most powerful people on the Dublin music scene" list (3 Viewers)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 164
  • Views 27K
  • Watchers 12
so just to recap

The Dubliner's "20 most powerful people on the [strike]Dublin[/strike] Donegal music scene" list

michelle the doc
daniel o donnel
margo
daniel o donnell
enya
clannad
enya
clannad
sean the doc
dude with accordion and drum machine
clannad
@ann post
@Jasper
@johnnystress
@moose

still need 5 more so I'll add in these

Packie Bonner
Dana
Kevin Sharkey
Cathal O'Searchaigh
sarah jessica parker

scutter

7. Aoife Woodlock - PR lady, been around for years
8. Bernie Divilly - PR gal for lots of indie labels, I know her, and she's sound
10. Angela Dorgan - picks the bands that get funding to go to SXSW, does stuff involving HWCH, I think it's FMC she works for
11. Dan Oggly - PR dude at ... Friction I think, handles a lot of Irish bands
14. John McMahon - Radio fella
20. Steve K - with a name like that he can only be a radio DJ but that's a guess.

So basically you're powerful in Dublin if you're in a position to put journalists on guest lists and give them free shit.

they're so powerful that I don't even know who some of them are. Who are;

7. Aoife Woodlock
8. Bernie Divilly
10. Angela Dorgan
11. Dan Oggly
14. John McMahon
16. Liam Coburn
17 Mark Crossingham
20. Steve K

I actually think John McMahon might be a bloke who went to my school. He used to be head of RTE radio 1 programming. But I can't see how that'd be him on this list.

Dan Oggly is the only name I know from that section of THE LIST. Ran Blunt record label in the 90s (funded by Therapy?).
I prefer Scutter's list too.

PRess Release

Date: 3rd February, 2011. For immediate release.

Phantom’s Michelle Doherty Top of the Pops in The Dubliner’s List of Music Scene’s Most Powerful People

In a list published by The Dubliner Magazine today, Phantom’s Michelle Doherty has been voted the most powerful person on the Dublin music scene.

The Finest Worksongs presenter topped the list ahead of many of the city’s most influential promoters, managers, bloggers and music industry moguls in the comprehensive who‘s who in Irish music.

Finest Worksongs with Michelle Doherty airs Monday to Friday at the new time of 10am-2pm. Michelle is also a presenter of the popular music television show ‘When Under Ether’.

The Dubliner Magazine is available free with The Evening Herald every Thursday.

Phantom 105.2 is the home of rock in Dublin and is available in Dublin on 105.2FM, nationwide on UPC channel 935, online at www.phantom.ie and on iphone.

Ends

scutter

7. Aoife Woodlock - PR lady, been around for years
8. Bernie Divilly - PR gal for lots of indie labels, I know her, and she's sound
10. Angela Dorgan - picks the bands that get funding to go to SXSW, does stuff involving HWCH, I think it's FMC she works for
11. Dan Oggly - PR dude at ... Friction I think, handles a lot of Irish bands
14. John McMahon - Radio fella
20. Steve K - with a name like that he can only be a radio DJ but that's a guess.

So basically you're powerful in Dublin if you're in a position to put journalists on guest lists and give them free shit.

cheers Unicron. John McMahon is who I'm thinking of then. I played badminton with him once. He used to be on the Tubridy radio show when he started back in the day and called himself McGyver.

Bernie Divilly unfollowed me on the twitters recently.

Bernie Deadtome more like.

John McMahon is top dog in 2fm..if he green lights yer rekkid yer made in the shade.But if yer not from Sony you may piss off.

So the most influential person on the Dublin music scene is a DJ for a station with less than 1% market share? Who rights this shit?

So the most influential person on the Dublin music scene is a DJ for a station with less than 1% market share? Who rights this shit?

which market share? The dublin music scene market share? I would have though they would be more than 1%.

Also, it's POWER, not influence.

If you like you could start a Most influential person on the Cans'n'Copperface Scene thread. I'd read it.

Actually I was surprised that Jim Carroll wasn't on this. Until this was pointed out ...

phantom is now part owned by independent news and media.
so is the herald.

Anyway, Leagues ... if you are reading, could you use your power to try and stop people making dumb lists like this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back