new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (3 Viewers)

Unicron said:
Gillett's comments to the WSJ last week must be making pool's fans blood boil.

"Liverpool will be the most profitable investment I've ever made.

"I should make four times my money. There's a strong business rationale."

It was Hick's that said it but either way it's a pity RBS don't just repo the club and sell it off for the value of the loans. The 250m quid the new owner would save would pay for the new stadium too.

Nice win tonight but West Ham were pure gash.

its not really going to make much difference to how we play is it?
We're just going to go there and try to get an away goal while Kuyting the shit out of them. Lucas and Masch in front of a back four all day, against a load of latin lads diving and cheating the bejaysus out of the ref. If we've any luck (which we patently don't at the moment) Erratico Madrid will do one of their token 10-a-season implosions and we'll get something even better than we're expecting, but otherwise I'm expecting score draw/scoring defeat.

Fuck sake you'd swear they were on a coffin ship, the way Benitez is prattling on about it.

He said it shouldn't have went ahead this way the same as any other manager would. And if you've read any of the live blog's of the trip you'd see that any time he spoke to the media on the train he basically took the piss out of the entire situation. Well what else would you do while giving a press conference in the dining carrige of a train?

sure it's all free to them hacks anyway.

if all the away teams lose these fixtures this week, will there be outcry?

Awful game last night. All over the place for the Forlan handball goal. Yossi denied a goal incorrectly.
Gerrard a disgrace. Strolling around and passing it back to them. Missed a really good chance as well.
Babel didnt do a tap when he came on. Waster.

that wasn't football at all, and it says so much about us, the fans, that we watched it at all, or were able to glean any sense from the collapsed architecture of rafa's tactical house of cards. the forward line were strangers to the rest of the team. gerrard wasn't there at all. you think that rafa would drop him, and maybe his hunger would return, but something is clearly on his mind, be it the manager or the rumours of his peccadilloes (and thoseof his wife...frankly nothing new to him, i'm sure) or a move in the summer. but if he is to bemoan liverpool's lack of anything this season, then he's got to look at himself before anyone else.

there's something dreadfully rotten in the state of liverpool, when it's like a tattoo on stevie's fizog. his actions when torres was substituted against b-ham as well were pretty tactless. he's either already somewhere else, or knows that rafa is. in a world cup year, you'd think he'd at least want to up his game for his england chances, think that, well, we're fucked, but i have to keep playing well cos i want to lead england to wc glory (yeah, right). it's disheartening. i can take disheartening, we've had a lot of it in recent decades, but to see your captain, talisman, most senior player, poster boy, stroll about in a european trophy semi-final like he just couldn't give a toss... rafa should have taken him off for babel, it's not n'gog's fault that he was a loner up there. he used to be a game breaker, in so far as he could, despite how shit he or the team may have been playing, always pull something out of the bag. he's the opposite now, he's a liability. and frankly that's depressing.

the champions league has done this, where 4th place is considered an achievement, and the chance at the eufa cup, which bill shankly was pretty happy to win, is considered beneath the players. if spurs get 4th they'll be over the moon. 4th?!! they were humiliated in the fa cup semi by a team that's already relegated, and they'll consider 4th a bigger prize. remember the 1995 league cup final against bolton? first bit of silverware in 3 years? i almost wept for joy, to see a liverpool skipper lift a trophy again. that's what it used to be about. the worst thing is that liverpool will be further diminsihed next season as a non cl team, the revenue will be down, the players will leave, y2k virus etc, and then they won't qualify next season, and torres will leave and then...you know the drill, check out leeds. that's what 4th place has done to english football.

i'm praying that spurs, much as i hate them (jsut cos..they're spurs) get 4th. those classless man city cunts will be unlivable with if they have that carrot along with the gleaming, 24 carat gold one, to wave in front of europe's bestest, most mercenary players. having said that, i hear martin petrov is out of there. get in rafa, he's still got a couple of years. plenty of time to buy him, play him occasionally, drop him, fall out with him, and sell him at a loss to spartak moskow.

all in all, a depressing season, and rafa has done some questionable things, for sure, but gerrard is supposed to be the leader. he can leave, and moan, but it's down to him. if he wanted that game last night he could have won it on his own, such was the paucity of guile on offer from athletico. the ref was good, actually, athleti's one trick, i.e. diving and moaning, didn't work, so they stopped doing it. funny to see a team grow testicles like that as a game wears on, it's usually the other way around.

and if torres is also considering his future, he might do well to ask himself what he's done to turn this season around? play pointless fucking friendlies for spain and come back fucked. what did anyone hope to learn form a friendly with that lad? that he might make the wc squad?

praying for investment. if city, who are defined merely by their neighbours and have no trophies in 30 odd years and were in division 2 a few years ago can become the richest club in the world, then.... then...

dream on. i would loov, loov it if we won some tin though. i miss tin.

that wasn't football at all, and it says so much about us, the fans, that we watched it at all, or were able to glean any sense from the collapsed architecture of rafa's tactical house of cards.

Great post, well said.

i'm praying that spurs, much as i hate them (jsut cos..they're spurs) get 4th. those classless man city cunts will be unlivable with if they have that carrot along with the gleaming, 24 carat gold one, to wave in front of europe's bestest, most mercenary players. having said that, i hear martin petrov is out of there. get in rafa, he's still got a couple of years. plenty of time to buy him, play him occasionally, drop him, fall out with him, and sell him at a loss to spartak moskow.

Especially that bit - too true. And the bit about Petrov is also very funny.

aqua starts, the front line isn't as isolated. lfc score goals. am i missing something? is it that simple?

after the nadir, in a season littered with low points, of the athletico, you couldn't ask for a better team to twat. gerrard plays better with aqua on the pitch, it's fucking obvious.

my head's melted.

I think Liverpool may have finally turned a corner. If we can consolidate 8th position with one point from our final six then we can use the Summer to make the few small subtle tweaks to the squad that are needed to finally push on next season all the way to fourth place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back