SONIC YOUTH at Vicar St - extra tickets released (1 Viewer)

anyone got the setlist?

Yes.

13945_190162388786_673283786_3226659_4597300_n.jpg

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That's a good video there handjobbers.

Does sound better live alright, still sounds like a re-hash of Goo to me though. Not a bad re-hash but a re-hash none the less. Thurston seems a little sedate in this though, He was bouncing off the walls at the gigs I've seen.

Does sound better live alright, still sounds like a re-hash of Goo to me though. Not a bad re-hash but a re-hash none the less. Thurston seems a little sedate in this though, He was bouncing off the walls at the gigs I've seen.

Anyone catch Blood Stereo? Any good?

No. Was extremely disappointed by that fact too.

Really enjoyed the gig. they seemed to have eased off a lot on the aul noise though. A little bit of noise jam at the end of DV69 but yeah, nothing compared to the Olympia back in the 90's. Thurston seemed pretty chilled at Primavera this year too. Barely any noise :( Still, a great gig and hopefully they'll do another indoor show here next time!

No. Was extremely disappointed by that fact too.

Really enjoyed the gig. they seemed to have eased off a lot on the aul noise though. A little bit of noise jam at the end of DV69 but yeah, nothing compared to the Olympia back in the 90's. Thurston seemed pretty chilled at Primavera this year too. Barely any noise :( Still, a great gig and hopefully they'll do another indoor show here next time!

When I saw them at Brixton academy they finished with a 35 minute Expressway it was the greatest/most painful thing I've experienced music wise since I got knocked out by a crowd surfer at the first witness festival. Was there a load of scenesters heading for the doors during the noise jam? that was the most gratifying part, Nothing beats watching tight jeaned lopsided haircuts cut laconic poses and strop out the door with their fingers in their ears.

Was there a load of scenesters heading for the doors during the noise jam? that was the most gratifying part, Nothing beats watching tight jeaned lopsided haircuts cut laconic poses and strop out the door with their fingers in their ears.

Not that I saw anyway, well except for one complete nipple who was up if front of Thurston who kept shouting for Death Valley 69. He was being a tool the whole way through the gig and almost got pnched in the head a few times by a few folks. He lost his shit during DV69 and left as soon as the noisy outro kicked in. Spa.

If anyone knows that dude actually, do the world a favour and inject the cunt with aids. A harsh but fair approach. He was an absolute cock.

Apart from him, deadly gig.

I still find it funny that people freaked out over the ATP set years back when they did a noisy set. I'd kill to see that shit!

I still find it funny that people freaked out over the ATP set years back when they did a noisy set. I'd kill to see that shit!

i cant see them doing that kinda shit anymore really, though i hope im wrong. Hopefully they'll push the boat out a bit with the next album, another album of thurston chugalongs is the last thing we need.

some guy next to me shouted "play sugar kane ye bitch", at kim i presume. kims singing was deadly i thought, i like that breathy thing she does

wasn't that set at a stage when they were exclusively making the SYR series and had no "real" album to tour I would also have loved to see it and remember not being too suprised that they played a noise set.

i cant see them doing that kinda shit anymore really, though i hope im wrong. Hopefully they'll push the boat out a bit with the next album, another album of thurston chugalongs is the last thing we need.

think they have something out on No Fun next year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back