SONIC YOUTH at Vicar St - extra tickets released (1 Viewer)

No. Was extremely disappointed by that fact too.
i didn't catch their set but they seemed a bit meh about it themselves after. the cork gig the night before on the other hand though was incredible. i'd go as far as to say it was one of the best shows i've ever seen

Re; Sonic Youth's noise set at ATP, 2000.

I had mixed emotions. Every now and again they'd hit upon a glorious passage of noise, but it was very sporadic. I'd say 80%+ was the sort of stuff any clown could do. It seemed everyone in the crowd was hanging for a tune so it was a bit antagonistic.

i cant see them doing that kinda shit anymore really, though i hope im wrong. Hopefully they'll push the boat out a bit with the next album, another album of thurston chugalongs is the last thing we need.

some guy next to me shouted "play sugar kane ye bitch", at kim i presume. kims singing was deadly i thought, i like that breathy thing she does

They need to get Jim O' Rourke back. as soon as he left they seemed to scale everything back

Not that I saw anyway, well except for one complete nipple who was up if front of Thurston who kept shouting for Death Valley 69. He was being a tool the whole way through the gig and almost got pnched in the head a few times by a few folks. He lost his shit during DV69 and left as soon as the noisy outro kicked in. Spa.

If anyone knows that dude actually, do the world a favour and inject the cunt with aids. A harsh but fair approach. He was an absolute cock.

Apart from him, deadly gig.

I still find it funny that people freaked out over the ATP set years back when they did a noisy set. I'd kill to see that shit!

that prick was annoying alright, i had the pleasure of trying but failing to ignore him.

isn't SYR7 (J'Accuse Ted Hughes) a recording of that ATP set? vinyl only but it is online. still not a patch on SYR8 w/Gustafsson and Merzbow, now that is controlled chaos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back