Jaysus cycling! (8 Viewers)

it was one of those situations where the driver was just following another car turning right. "luckily" the first car was already ignorant of my presence so i had to slow down a bit and going downhill didn't crash full speed.

Jeez guys, be careful out there. Glad your all still in one piece.

With the weather and the dark nights, people start acting stupidly.

In nicer news, the Planet X I linked to earlier is winging it's way to me presently. I'm a little worried about the crank length, stem length, bar width, and all that other itty-bitty stuff. The site let's you pick all that stuff yourself, which can be pretty confusing for the average Joe like me. I think I chose correctly, but I won't know till I get it I suppose.

Still though, NOM NOM NOM:
899Road_600.jpg

NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM

4gomms.jpg

Just after finding that pic from a crash a couple of years ago. Was cycling into town by the Mater one morning (in the cycle lane) coming up the inside of a milk lorry. Eejit was indicating to go right but instead goes left at the last second down Eccles St. Luckily the lorry knocked me off the bike before it drove over it. I had a badly bruised foot but that was all.

So many careless clowns out there driving buses and lorries.

Jeez guys, be careful out there. Glad your all still in one piece.

With the weather and the dark nights, people start acting stupidly.

In nicer news, the Planet X I linked to earlier is winging it's way to me presently. I'm a little worried about the crank length, stem length, bar width, and all that other itty-bitty stuff. The site let's you pick all that stuff yourself, which can be pretty confusing for the average Joe like me. I think I chose correctly, but I won't know till I get it I suppose.

Still though, NOM NOM NOM:

NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM

great stuff - enjoy. I'm sure that stuff will be fine. If not, first thing to do is get the stem right. You might find that once you do you'll get used to the rest of it. I bought a Canyon online and the stem was way too short. Once I put a longer one on it, everything else just seemed perfect (even though its probably not).

In the Netherlands, if there is any accident between a car and a bicycle the car will always be liable regardless of circumstance !!

also - I found out this morning that a school in teh Netherland has banned parents from dropping their kids off by car as a way to encourage more cycling / public transport.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

In the Netherlands, if there is any accident between a car and a bicycle the car will always be liable regardless of circumstance !!

also - I found out this morning that a school in teh Netherland has banned parents from dropping their kids off by car as a way to encourage more cycling / public transport.

YouTube- Safe Routes to School. Kloosterveen, Assen, Netherlands

Not true, if the cyclist has been drinking then they are at fault regardless of circumstance. I know this because my mate got creamed off his bike coming back from the pub by a car that was very much in the wrong.

Not true, if the cyclist has been drinking then they are at fault regardless of circumstance. I know this because my mate got creamed off his bike coming back from the pub by a car that was very much in the wrong.

ok. i hadn't counted drink cycling which is illegal in itself.

Exactly,cyclists rarely ever come out anything other than worst. I hit a pedestrian one time and my bike and arm were both fucked. He was fine,well,until I threw him onto the road.

Snot Tap.

My nose is a fucking snot tap these days while cycling and I'm sick of it. Even this evening, a beautiful non-windy one (wouldn't it be AMAZING if it was always like tonight?), it was just non-stop.
Has anything been invented to stop this yet? I'm presuming no, but just in case I thought I'd better ask. I wear a hat and gloves of course.

just turn your head to the side and force it all out in one go.then repeat ten minutes later.

It's pretty much a constant stream though! I probably have a teeny bit of a cold. But, in winter time, as a cyclist that's almost always the case.
I used to have Mapei team-issue gloves with a dedicated snot-patch on them, so I presume it's a problem the pros face too. I just hoped advances may have been made.

I need some parts for my racer. A new inner-chainring and stuff like that. It's a Campag Veloce groupset I have. Where's a good place to go in town? I'm scared of bike shops.

The mechanics in Cycleways are supposed to be pretty good. They were sound enough to me when I asked them a question about a MTB suspension pump.

Cyclogical won't service a bike they didn''t sell.

I prefer to go to Wheelworx in Clondalkin shopping centre. There's a lad in there (Frank) who is good to deal with.

You could try City Cycles in Blackhall place, never got any servicing done there but they are sound folks.

Anyways I'm sure you've been around all the music shops in Dublin many times, the bike shops don't even compare when it comes shoddy customer service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back