Animal Collective (1 Viewer)

did we come to a consensus on this? I'd like to know what my opinion is before I go to lunch in case I should meet someone there who was also at it.

so if you could give me my opinion soon that'd be great, thanks.

did we come to a consensus on this? I'd like to know what my opinion is before I go to lunch in case I should meet someone there who was also at it.

so if you could give me my opinion soon that'd be great, thanks.

You liked it, BUT

• The Whelan's show was way better
  • They played too much stuff from MPP
  • The johnny-come-lately fans didn't make for the best atmosphere
  • You were off your tits

You liked it, BUT

• You were off your tits

Pete, could we get a function on each thread where there will be a summary of the thread contents thus far? Would save me weeks of my life. Thanks.

You liked it, BUT

• You were off your tits

thanks dude. I went with this word-for-word, but I also mentioned that the bloke in the winnie-the-pooh suit and the dozy bird on her blokes shoulders really did in my nut

just for added authenticity to prove I was there.

Oh and incidentally, I used my last May ticket to get into this (gave my March ticket to a mate). The thing wouldn't scan so the bouncer wasn't gonna let me in. He was cool though once I explained about the ticket being for the original date. He just tore the stub and let me in.

All is forgiven Animal Collective!

Or "I preferred them when I saw them at ATP two years ago"

Fair fucks to Avey for telling the photographers to fuck off too! That shit's gotten out of hand recently.

Is it not the rule that photographers can shoot for the first three songs then they have to leave? Granted 3 Animal Collective songs could last nearly an hour.

i think it's the rule that they can stay for 3 songs or until the band says so. they must have been using mad flashes or something coz it didn't bother him at all in Whelans and folks were waaay closer to them then. kinda odd.

i think it's the rule that they can stay for 3 songs or until the band says so. they must have been using mad flashes or something coz it didn't bother him at all in Whelans and folks were waaay closer to them then. kinda odd.

Well, the lights were part of the show there the other night with the table cloths and the orb and such.
It was ruining the effect, and probably a few buzzes, with the constant flashes.

if you need more than a song or two to get a good few photos, there is something wrong.

also, its 3 dudes standing behind tables and moving only slightly. no point in waiting for the 'money' shot.

so the band was drinking in the palace after the show. what is it about bands going there when they play dublin? it's one of the worst drinking holes in the city

I take your point but the best places are packed to the gills on a Friday.
And for some people it's who you're with, not where you are.

Well, the lights were part of the show there the other night with the table cloths and the orb and such.
It was ruining the effect, and probably a few buzzes, with the constant flashes.

true dat. too many bleedin "photographers" at gigs these days anyway. i'm sure some of them only do it to get in free.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back