Choice music awards=bollox (1 Viewer)

Read a thing about that Choice music awards in the paper today and got that old familar 'the irish music scene is a petri dish for mediocrity ' feeling.

Have to say im pushing 30 and ive never really seen any local bands that were up to sracth. Why are there so many crappy bands in this country.

Is it because standards are so low and you can make a career being just another poxy singer song writer singing the usually male isolationalist wank.

thoughts?
.|..|

What's the yardstick for great bands....name a few up to sratch bands?

Whats Salsa been saying that Jape had to mention him
in his acceptance speech? He's on my ignore list so i cant
see what he posts. Fill me in :)

Congrats Richie on the win. Well deserved.

Duuuuuuuudes, I was taking the piss! He didn't mention Salsa at at I know of. It was just a joke. Twould be unny if he did though. Couldn't imagine Richie being petty enough to do something like that however.

Anyone here remember the ie.dance egroup mailing list thingy?

After six months you realise that, apart from useful enough listings and the usual witty geezers, it was new members coming on and initiating the same old discussions about the same old topics. It was really compelling to watch the exact same arguments being had by different people in a sort of quarterly cycle.

Then it became crushingly boring for the exact same reason.

C'est la vie!
You are so talking about thumped

These posts are nearly always from people who don't buy irish music anyway, so what's the point.

I bought Irish music there the other day. Your first album. It's fantastic. I'd give you an award. I don't have 10,000 euro that I can give you but I'd gladly make you a little statue and post it to you.

could someone post up the exact breakdown of the calculation that equals 99% of all irish music is shit? It's an intriguing statistic
Well, 99% is impossible to prove. But I'd imagine that the fast majority of bands anywhere aren't very good. What sensible people do is ignore the stuff they don't like, while a small minority (8.3%) of people start threads about this.

This is the shittest one of these threads I've seen yet.

Seems people arent really taking reddogs bait.

5 measly pages.Had to happen.

Anyway,Well done Jape and MDR.

Straight Talking

ng.gif

with Red_Dog

I don't think it's a particularly useful thread, but I have to say Red Dog isn't a troll and has been helpful to me and others on other threads, eg guitar, home recording etc.

I have, in the distant past started threads and had fights with people on message boards and then gone, why did I do that?

Like most people have said here, most music scenes have a lot, sometimes up to 92.5%, sh*t music. Even celebrated music scenes have a lot of carp. One of the problems, I think, with the Dublin and Irish scene is that it's a small population. It's not reasonable to expect a load of great bands every year.

Well done to MRD, Jape and everyone else who isn't medicore and has the get up and go to do their thing. I'm actually envious of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back