Choice music awards=bollox (1 Viewer)

Red_Dog

Read a thing about that Choice music awards in the paper today and got that old familar 'the irish music scene is a petri dish for mediocrity ' feeling.

Have to say im pushing 30 and ive never really seen any local bands that were up to sracth. Why are there so many crappy bands in this country.

Is it because standards are so low and you can make a career being just another poxy singer song writer singing the usually male isolationalist wank.

thoughts?
.|..|

Didn't Jape win, he sings songs about graveyards and Phil Lynott. That's pretty cool in my book.

golden horde, pet lamb, jimmy cake, decal, ambulance/sunkenfoal etc. are/were some quality irish acts off the top of my head. and nary a singer-songwriter in sight

there is a tremendous amount of useless bollocks ill grant you - particularly in the 'cunt with an accoustic guitar' genre. i was at an open mic night in a nameless pub in town yesterday and the shit i heard would make a grown man cry but its the same in countless other countries

i reckon you've opened up a shitcan of shitworms with that post though red dog.

boy%20eating%20popcorn.jpg

Anyone here remember the ie.dance egroup mailing list thingy?

After six months you realise that, apart from useful enough listings and the usual witty geezers, it was new members coming on and initiating the same old discussions about the same old topics. It was really compelling to watch the exact same arguments being had by different people in a sort of quarterly cycle.

Then it became crushingly boring for the exact same reason.

C'est la vie!

We've all heard Jape. He's quite good. There are tons of shit bands all over the world but it's best not to concentrate on them because well, they're shit.

IMHO I thought this year's nominees were about the best crop they've had. 99% of music from anywhere is rubbish, but I still think there's some good stuff produced here by people whose hearts are in the right place.
Personally I'd put records like Coping Mechanisms or The Herring & The Brine up there with anything I own, but you can't please everyone.

Read a thing about that Choice music awards in the paper today ...
thoughts?
.|..|

Have heard a few Jape songs , to be honest didnt like them. Not my cup of tea maybe hes albums are good or hes good live. I was disapointed with that Phil Lynott song because i taught it might be a a nice tribute to one of Irelands greatest artist but it was more about yer man that was singing it being at some gig or something.

Seriously thought if you make fun of RTe everyone says yeah fair enough your right it is shit and its a waste of money.But if you say 99% of bands in Dublin are useless hacks everyone starts playing devils advocate.

Its like reverse entertainment, you go though your daily grind , come home and turn on the tele and watch some band that makes you feel more pissed off.

Sometimes you have to call a spade a spade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back