Prostitution Poll (1 Viewer)

Where do you stand on prostitution?

• Total voters
I think I may have found my new recession game plan.
Looks like a water tight plan. I see no pitfalls. Most of the customers would probably look like this.
richardgere.jpg

He's also fond of gerbils, so everyone's a winner.

is it this?
Sweden is one of few countries in the world to have criminalized only the buying of sexual acts. The reason is the Swedish government's adaptation of the theory of gender roles with a male ruling class, with the notion that the clients of prostitutes exploit the prostitutes. The law is gender neutral, however. The gender of the seller and the gender of the buyer is not factor in the law, making it equally forbidden to buy sexual services from male prostitutes as from female prostitutes and regardless of the gender of the buyer.
The law was put in effect on 1 January 1999 and inserted into the Criminal code on 1 April 2005. The penalty is fine or prison of maximum of six months. So far, the law has led to about 500 convictions, but nobody has yet been sentenced to prison.
Some commentators have also questioned Sweden's commitment to protecting prostitutes and the victims of human-trafficking after Sweden made a diplomatic complaint against Germany regarding Germany's encouraging of the use of legalized prostitutes during the 2006 World Cup. Germany had expressly taken these steps, both encouraging legal prostitution during the World Cup, and the legalization of prostitution in general, to counter the abuse of prostitutes, who still operate entirely in the black market in Sweden.[4]
Rights campaigners for prostitutes have condemned the Swedish government's approach to the issue of prostitution as demeaning and objectifying to the women involved, as they do not feel the state treats them as individuals with needs and wants but rather representations of their sex, nor does the new law improve their security, according to SANS, a union for Swedish sex-workers.[5]

Anyway, the Swedish model is opposed by most sex workers and a lot of the sex worker advocacy and harm-minimisation organisations. For a number of reasons.

Turns out I did know, I just had to be reminded.

I'd say the main reason they oppose it is that it still keeps prostitution illegal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back