Wolf Parade... (2 Viewers)

it was funny aswell - the ugliest guy on the stage - "hey dudes, I'm Irish".

Landed himself a smokin' hot wife though.

oh and get rid of that second guitarist. no talent, no charisma, no shoes, no value.

I think Dante's fucntion is to fill in a few gaps so Dan doesn't kill himself trying to play everything.

Kinda agree with you, at least on the second album anyway about Dan's songs too. Really looking forward to that second Handsome Furs record next year.

You kidding me? Dan looks positively healthy in comparison to the wreck he was last time they played here.

I dunno, I think their songs work very well together. Markedly different styles but compatible, I think.

I'm glad that Paris was better.

really enjoyed the gig, still dont like the venue though

I really wish POD and Aitken would kiss and make up so we can all start going back to Tripod again. I don't mind the venue but theres an eerie feeling that you're taking your life into your hands heading over there.

And what was all that commotion outside after with all the cops? Were they after Spencer for stealing Dan's pies?

also, why are gigs generally full of arseholes these days?

I'm glad I went to the Paris gig because I got to see/hear them without all the drunken assholes. I jinxed myself with the inappropriate touching jokes. Not only did I have dirty dancers in front of me but some guy put his arm around me and grabbed my breast. I've decided I'm not too old for gigs, just that people here are rude and drink way too much.

I'm glad I went to the Paris gig because I got to see/hear them without all the drunken assholes. I jinxed myself with the inappropriate touching jokes. Not only did I have dirty dancers in front of me but some guy put his arm around me and grabbed my breast. I've decided I'm not too old for gigs, just that people here are rude and drink way too much.

Thats it, everyone else are assholes.

Do you expect people not to drink at a gig?

Yes.
Because not drinking and getting off your face & acting like a cunt are obviously the only choices available.

From the balcony you could see a group near the stage that were drunk as fuck and hopping around like morons. Even for the music on the PA between sets.
They should have been fucked out, or at the very least told to calm the fuck down.

There is a difference between having a drink and falling down and nearly puking in the front row. Thankfully she was dragged out before she got sick on my shoes but I saw this same chick with her face in the bathroom sink puking her guts out afterward. "Tell Wolf Parade I'm so sorry"... I wanted to say, you should actually apologize to me since you ruined the first three songs for everyone close to you.

And a couple pushing their way to the front who could barely stand and proceeded to grind each other bumping into everyone. If you want to make out, get a room or go to the back. Don't stand in front of me in the front of the fucking show. Or do I need to mention the pantless asshole running around the gig afterward?

Having a drink is one thing but any gig that is larger than Crawdaddy or Whelans is nearly impossible to enjoy because it attracts drunken assholes. I love this city but it's the one thing I truely fucking hate. The rudeness at gigs in Dublin is fucking unreal.

I was disgusted at some of the behaviour i witnessed at Michael McDonald earlier this year. In particular was this one big loud sweaty guy who completely ruined the show.

I remember going to a gig in America and the only person there falling over drunk was an Irish person. oh dear, national shame.

as for being felt up, sorry but as per the groundrules set in my thread, you're just being paranoid and it didn't happen

I remember going to a gig in America and the only person there falling over drunk was an Irish person. oh dear, national shame.

as for being felt up, sorry but as per the groundrules set in my thread, you're just being paranoid and it didn't happen

I'm not going to get dragged into a debate over America versus Dublin in terms of drunken idiots, they are everywhere. However the amount of them is the key in the equation. I have been going to gigs for, Jesus, nearly 20 years and I can say hands down most of the shows in the last 2 years have been the worst ever.

I'm not trying to bash Dublin (I like it) but if you don't think the drinking is out of hand here you're just insane in my book. I'm all for a few drinks and a good time but weekends in the city centre and large gigs here are unfuckingbelievable. It's common place to jump over many piles of puke from Camden Street on my way home. Two weeks ago there was a taxi pulled over in front of Whelans with a girl puking her guts out with the guards and the taxi driving helping her. It's out of hand in my opinion. Especailly when it ruins the enjoyment of those around you who've paid good money to see/hear a band. I'll end my rant now because I've had enough. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back