Wolf Parade... (3 Viewers)

I'm not trying to bash Dublin (I like it) but if you don't think the drinking is out of hand here you're just insane in my book. I'm all for a few drinks and a good time but weekends in the city centre and large gigs here are unfuckingbelievable. It's common place to jump over many piles of puke from Camden Street on my way home. Two weeks ago there was a taxi pulled over in front of Whelans with a girl puking her guts out with the guards and the taxi driving helping her. It's out of hand in my opinion. Especailly when it ruins the enjoyment of those around you who've paid good money to see/hear a band. I'll end my rant now because I've had enough. ;)

Don't forget the guy walking around after the show with his pants down.

that was hilarious. Fucking not.

It was full of drunken arseholes. Ok, well maybe not full of, but there was enough of the fuckers to make it uncomfortable for everyone there who wasn't a drunken arsehole.

my new trick is to stand down the back with all the boring bastards. no jumping, humping or aggression (not including myself of course)

Yes, a lot more upbeat that Plague Park was. Also better than At Mount Zoomer I think.

Probably already catapulted itself into the #3 spot in my list of Wolf Parade related ablums, but early days all the same.

thats good enough for me. anyone have a link? i'm afraid of the dark internets. ta ta.

Dan loves minor keys.
I'm enjoying this at the moment. Running commentary here.
Talking Hotel Arbat Blues explains why Dan has been throwing Clash shapes and haircuts at recent Wolf Parade shows.

Yes, it's better than Plague Park. Well done, Dan. He's writing a lot of good songs these days.
I'll give it another spin later. I'm on no. 10, Thy Will Be Done.
He seems to have written most of the songs about Russia or in Russia.
Spencer said that he wrote all his At Mount Zoomer songs in a couple of weeks, which surprised me (might not surprise those who think they're rubbish [not me, except for Bang Your Drum]). They really do separate projects even down to the writing.

Yes, it's better than Plague Park. Well done, Dan. He's writing a lot of good songs these days.
Spencer said that he wrote all his At Mount Zoomer songs in a couple of weeks, which surprised me (might not surprise those who think they're rubbish [not me, except for Bang Your Drum]). They really do separate projects even down to the writing.

That's a good song, bite your tongue.
This album is good but not in my top three like unicron.

they told me there was no track 10, that they hadn't leaked it.

have to say on first listen it didn't jump out at me at all. I only listened to it on a crappy laptop speaker. Need to copy it to somewhere where I can give it my full attention.

The last song did sound great on first listen though.

they told me there was no track 10, that they hadn't leaked it.

have to say on first listen it didn't jump out at me at all. I only listened to it on a crappy laptop speaker. Need to copy it to somewhere where I can give it my full attention.

The last song did sound great on first listen though.

Radio Kaliningrad? I think it's up there with Shine A Light and This Hearts On Fire.

never gonna get past face control. really enjoying this. i was looking forward to it after mt zoomer cos i much prefer dan's songs. some of the guitar tones (and riffs) are great. i still worry that he's not eating the correct combination of carbohydrates and proteins though.

I see dates. I don't see a Dublin date though.

01-20 Rome, Italy - Traffic (Generiq Festival)
02-09 Berlin, Germany - Bang Bang Club
02-11 Paris, France - Point Ephemere (Super Festival)
02-12 Besançon, France - Le Cylindre (Generiq Festival)
02-13 Dijon, France - Le Vapeur (Generiq Festival)
02-14 Belfort, France - La Poudrière (Generiq Festival)
02-15 Zurich, Switzerland - Abart (Generiq Festival)
02-17 Brescia, Italy - Lio Bar
02-18 Milan, Italy - La Casa 139
02-19 Bologna, Italy - Lokomotiv
02-20 Rome, Italy - Traffic (Generiq Festival)
02-21 St. Malo, France - Route du Rock Winder Edition Festival
03-12 Ottowa, Ontario - Mavericks
03-13 Toronto, Ontario - Horseshoe Tavern
03-14 Champaign, IL - Blind Pig
03-15 Chicago, IL - Empty Bottle
03-16 St. Louis, MO - Off Broadway
03-17 Columbia, MO - Mojo's
03-20 Austin, TX - Club Deville (SXSW)
03-21 Dallas, TX - The Loft
03-23 Lawrence, KS - Jackpot Saloon
03-25 Fargo, ND - Aquarium (Dempsey's Upstairs)
03-26 Minneapolis, MN - 7th St. Entry
03-27 Ames, IA - Maintenance Shop
03-28 Iowa City, IA - The Mill
03-30 Newport, KY - Southgate House
04-01 Rochester, NY - Bug Jar
04-02 Syracuse, NY - Spark Art Space

Nor anywhere in the UK where they were barred from entering after they played Dublin last time.

They've also previously had problems getting into the US on their first tour.

Wolf Parade haven't had similar issues as far as I know. I wonder if Alexie has a record (other than the obvious 2).

Nor anywhere in the UK where they were barred from entering after they played Dublin last time.

They've also previously had problems getting into the US on their first tour.

Wolf Parade haven't had similar issues as far as I know. I wonder if Alexie has a record (other than the obvious 2).

Why aren't our lads banning them? I'll get in touch with the authorities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back