new Crystal Castles album (1 Viewer)

I hope I made the list this year. Ive been wearing leather jackets almost non-stop and am never less than ten feet from a jukebox.

Is it from urban outfitters?

Cause if its not....

I liked it, but apprently Ive got a shit taste in music! You know its true when you hear it from more than three people.

I dig CC deeper than I can be arsed to go into here (actually try here: http://www.drop-d.ie/article.php?article_id=470 )but I'm surprised weird shit like theirs has been taken up by those NME shit stirrers.

CC draw special hateful attention becuase A: They happen to have won first prize in the hype lottery that is the press, and B: Pretty kids who dress trendy (ie: like ponces) listen to them. Pity. This is why it's shit when your favourite musicians get popular. I also love garbled-ey throwaway shite like Melt Banana and Les Georges Leningrad etc, thankfully they don't draw too much attention.

They draw special hateful attention becuase A: They happen to have won first prize in the hype lottery that is the press, and B: Pretty kids who dress trendy (ie: like ponces) listen to them. Pity. This is why it's shit when your favourute musicians get popular. I also love garbled-ey throwaway shite like Melt banana and Les Georges Leningrad etc, thankfully they don't draw to much attention.

i dislike them because they're awful to be honest - amazing how opinions work out like that
:rolleyes:
leigh

Hype, popularity, haircuts and general trendiness aside, their music is the aural equivalent of shiny vomit with plastic grit in it.

Then couple that with their attitude in the few interviews i've read, "Nobody is like Crystal Castles" "We have no influences" etc etc, and there's little in my eyes to redeem them.

Boring, generic, chiptune garbage made by arseholes. What's not to hate?

Hype, popularity, haircuts and general trendiness aside, their music is the aural equivalent of shiny vomit with plastic grit in it.

Then couple that with their attitude in the few interviews i've read, "Nobody is like Crystal Castles" "We have no influences" etc etc, and there's little in my eyes to redeem them.

Boring, generic, chiptune garbage made by arseholes. What's not to hate?

my hero

Great tunes and a great bunch of lads. Love them or hate them, you have to admit they're one of the most hardworking bands around at the moment and the future is looking brighter than ever!

Fair play

crystal castles are definitely punching above their weight. despite the screaming hordes of girls in the crowd, beth ditto.
the cook report.
cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back