Dead Meadow (3 Viewers)

i have shivering king and others. it's pretty good but i've never had the urge to buy anything else. they could go either way live. i'd say there's a lot of noodling

I like their 1st album quite a bit as it happens. Nice clear vinyl. But there's not much by way of variation going on there and I lost my way after the 3rd one.
Never seen them live but I'd definitely give them a look if I had the chance.

Personally cant stand the new material in light of the older stuff. My first exposure to them was Feathers which i enjoyed immensly at the time even if it did sound more like early verve than anything I'd consider sludge. After the first three albums were re-released however I could never go back to the Feathers, feels so clean, polished and sterile in comparison.

I've been really looking forward to catching these for a couple of years now but i'm a little apprehensive seeing as the latest effort is so weak.

Yep, i like some of their stuff (Feathers in particular) but a lot of stuff is very very average. No sure if i'll go - so much good stuff coming up.

even if it did sound more like early verve than anything I'd consider sludge.

its not like they ever sounded like eyehategod or something in fairness.
have some great tunes,finished practice at ten,will hopefully make it up on time to catch these.

this was great. Went from meh to 100 in about 6 seconds. They were rockin by the end. Great sound. Kinda reminded me of some of the Avatar stuff by Comets on Fire, which is no bad thing.
Crap - i wish i'd went to this:mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back