Living in Melbourne (2 Viewers)

Over here, they say 'bashed' instead of assaulted, its on news reports n everything. Thats just some of the madness you have in store for you here!

i found that a bit odd alright. that and the mobile phone companies going on about their NEW CAPS. what?

are they all still obsessed with sonny bill williams?

I have some questions please, thank you?

1. Is Optus an ok mobile network?

2. Fancy- did you go over on the working holiday visa? Are they strict on that 6 months max with an employer thing?

1) I think vodafone are great over here. Especially the CAPS! I have no experience with Optus.

2) Indeed'n'I Did. Indeed'n'I Did. Originally that is. hmmm I can't remember the 6 month rule. and strictness. It' never came up for me. AFAIK if you are temping it doesn't apply because you are changing around. If you work for a big fat multinational and they want to keep you I think they can get around it by giving you a different job title after 6months and what not. But usualy if you're in that position you can get them to sponsor you after 6 months.

that and the mobile phone companies going on about their NEW CAPS. what?

The caps are bleedin rappah. For 49 dollah I get $320 worth of calls. Also, I can call an irish mobile phone from my australia mobile for aproximatley the same price as calling an irish mobile phone from ireland. Vodafone.ie are rip off knuts

are they all still obsessed with sonny bill williams?

hmmm, not quite sure who this lad is. He could be one of the many sports stars over here who has recently smashed a glass/bottle into their girlfriends face.

They love that shit here.

we could do with more posting on our time.

worf-s3.jpg

AGREED!

Maybe we can get 'poidah' to get thumped.com.au goin'...

1) I think vodafone are great over here. Especially the CAPS! I have no experience with Optus.

2) Indeed'n'I Did. Indeed'n'I Did. Originally that is. hmmm I can't remember the 6 month rule. and strictness. It' never came up for me. AFAIK if you are temping it doesn't apply because you are changing around. If you work for a big fat multinational and they want to keep you I think they can get around it by giving you a different job title after 6months and what not. But usualy if you're in that position you can get them to sponsor you after 6 months.

I'm not entirely sure temping or multi-nationals are really on my jobs radar. I'll have to just wait and see. Fucking EVERY job I've looked at demands a full-drivers license. This means I'll probaly work a service industry job until I have a licence, then get a job and hope they're all 'buzzo, yer so rad, we'll sponsor you'.

We'll see.

This time 3 weeks I'll be on a plane from Hong Kong to Smellbz. FACKIN ROAIGHT.

I'm not entirely sure temping or multi-nationals are really on my jobs radar. I'll have to just wait and see. Fucking EVERY job I've looked at demands a full-drivers license. This means I'll probaly work a service industry job until I have a licence, then get a job and hope they're all 'buzzo, yer so rad, we'll sponsor you'.

We'll see.

This time 3 weeks I'll be on a plane from Hong Kong to Smellbz. FACKIN ROAIGHT.

i really loved hong kong.

do you have an irish drivers license? It's a trivial process to get a Victorian license it you do.

Yeah I don't have an Irish license.... I meant to get one. I meant to do many things before I left and ended up spending an extra 3 months on my thesis instead. But I can drive! It shouldn't take too long to get one over there, right?

Hong Kong will only be an airport to me. Sniff. We were gonna holiday there on the way but I'm kind of anxious to just get to Australia and then maybe go travelling at some point down the line.

Oh and Shaney, maybe Ireland will be calling out to us from her dreams* and we can caress her nighmaring brow via the medium of Thumped

*(my brother Vinnie once called out for Touche Turtle in his sleep)

touchecel.bmp

But I can drive! It shouldn't take too long to get one over there, right?

AsFarAsIKnow you'll have to do a full vic test in that case.
I have heard of people using their provisionals to get full Vic Livenses though... Depends on the clerk you get I guess

isnt there some nonsense there where you can do a test in an automatic car and then have a lisence for driving automatica cars only? that might be easy.
yep, you can get an automatic license.
They're actually very thorough with the process of learning to drive. There are a number of differrent stages you have to go through. Each which have different limitaitons. A period on L-plates, the stage 2 L-plates, then a period on P-plates. Then you can apply for your test. (Something like that - not bothered getting my facts straight!) After which you can apply for your test. It's a good system

Nah, limit for the working holiday visa is 30. There's a skills shortage here though, if you have a degree in pretty much anything, or three years work in a wanted field, you might be able to get a visa through that. Alternatively, you can get a company to sponsor your visa, but from what i hear you need to stay with them for three years. Loads of info here - http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/index.htm

hmmm. i have 110 points for the skilled migrant and 120 is the pass rate, but if your over 100 you can go on the spares list. do you actually talk to people when applying for this shit? im wondering could i convince them to give me another 10 points for having a masters in me chosen profession. maybe canada will have me...

hmmm. i have 110 points for the skilled migrant and 120 is the pass rate, but if your over 100 you can go on the spares list. do you actually talk to people when applying for this shit? im wondering could i convince them to give me another 10 points for having a masters in me chosen profession. maybe canada will have me...

did you include the extra 10 points for doing an english test?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back