Bertie Ahern. (1 Viewer)

How has this photo not been put up yet? Just look at it.

cowangate.jpg

From thechancer.ie

Is now really the right time to be talking about Brian Cowen's chocolate pipe?

I suppose there's never a wrong time.

Fixed that for you there.

There was a thing on Morning Ireland this morning where they did a voxpop in Tullamore, who believe it will bring in tourism (Taoiseach Tourism? Good idea, guyze.) and then they had a snippet of Cowen singing a rebel song in a local pub in 2000, to, like, prove that his gruff exterior is just the product of media manipulation.

Is there going to be a talent pageant for the job now? It's great when people suggest that there's genuine correlation between a 'great man for the pints and an aul singsong' with 'is suitable to lead the nation'?

Johnnystress or someone:

I'd like to see a photoshop in the theme of the Holy Trinity, with Bertie as Jesus, and Haughey and Liam Lawlor as god and the holy spirit.
Michael Lowry can be mary or something, you can decide that yourself.

Thanks.

That was Reynolds.
Actually, it was Reynolds experiences of doing business with people up North that spurred him to work on the peace process, which people forget about. Thing about Ahern compared to Reynolds is that Ahern quit before the shit hit the fan.

There IS a genuine correlation between a 'great man for the pints and an aul singsong' and most Fianna Fáil voters.

What I'm trying to say is this: everybody who votes FF wakes up the next day with a shocking hangover and a vague sense that something really, really bad just happened.

Then they shit the bed.

Similarly Bruton and Major go pretty unrecognised for their early work on it.

I dunno, I'd recognise them no problem. Easiest way to tell them apart is to picture them both with little pencil moustaches and stovepipe hats - Bruton's the one who can carry it off.

A moment of silence for Jackie.

Y'know, if folksy charm is the chief trait people are looking for, why is he not the Taoiseach?

Is it that people are afraid because he can walk on water? Like Jesus could? You know what they did to him, like. But Jackie's been in office longer than Jesus ever was, and Kerry's a tough constituency, tougher than Galilee I'd say.

Figure that one out.

WAITER! More coffee, please.

Is there going to be a talent pageant for the job now? It's great when people suggest that there's genuine correlation between a 'great man for the pints and an aul singsong' with 'is suitable to lead the nation'?

people ascribe to those types of leaders the world over and their incompetence as leaders serves an important social need.

That need being the ability to say "if that stupid fuckhead can be become taoiseach/president/prime minister surely to bejaysus I can do anything"

Our Bertie was the last bastion of FF's charmed and harmless corruption policy. Shame on you bastards.Who has any clue about Cowen though really. He has a face like a boiled ham. That's all i know. Nice call about his personal life interfereing with Govt. The fans will lap that shit up. And that fucking opposotion are still no kind of opposition, especially without Pat Bunny. Christ i wish they'd fucking grow up.

My two cents. I want it back later though.

Is anyone listening t o Joe Duffy?

" I think Biffo is a great man"

" I don't think much of him"

" I don't know him but I think he's alright"

" I don't like the look of him"

riveting stuff

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back