Weren't The Doors (3 Viewers)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Jim Morrisson didn't age well.

I hate when they get played anywhere. That City at Night song... every time I went anywhere when I was in college. Almost as ubiquitous and irritating as the Red Hot Chilli Peppers, and appealing to similar people I'd say.
Agreed that Apocalypse Now was well served by them though.

They had a batch of good tunes, but if you don't get into them as a young 'un, you'll probably consider them bloated, pompous shite.

I haven't listened to them in years, but i have an affection for them.

Ray Manzarek's autobiography is woeful dreck.

agreed. Manzarek is an awful knob. I went to see him about 8 years ago and the junk he came out with was unbelievable. told everyone to take acid and other such gems. some lunatic floating around heckled him and got thrown out twice.

agreed. Manzarek is an awful knob. I went to see him about 8 years ago and the junk he came out with was unbelievable. told everyone to take acid and other such gems. some lunatic floating around heckled him and got thrown out twice.

He's a total burnt-out hippy cliché. The book is super naff, full of quasi-mystical guff about 'Good Jim' and 'Bad Jim'. Could barely finish it.

My sister got the book signed by him many moons ago in the states, and when he noticed she was from Ireland, he wrote some super cornball dedication like "Let's hope there's peace on the Emerald Isle, in our time". ha ha.

"Am I sure?
Was Jim Morrison a wanker? Was Ravi Shankar a sitar player?

Is Van Morrison a grumpy man?"

Steve Coogan knows.

i was a teenage doork. jim morrison ruined my life. only now am i learning to love my annoying parents and realising chaos and disorder suck man.

Ernesto is the biggest fuckin hippocrite ever. He bought the fuckin dvd and did like them at one stage.
Grow a pair

Ernesto is the biggest fuckin hippocrite ever. He bought the fuckin dvd and did like them at one stage.

alot of people liked them at one stage. no, i maintained that they had some shite songs, like that middle bit of whiskey bar shit always pissed me off, shite like that. they still have a few songs which are alright. they seem to get worse, the older i get though.
and i still enjoy the film, bit unrelated. never liked ALL their stuff. just a few.

...Hows the Babylon zoo album working out for you?
Any spherical songs on it?

i was 11.
remember, you had long hair and a metallica tshirt and i had a rattle and hum tshirt.?
its ok Morgan, i still loves you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back