Meeting People (2 Viewers)

The last girl I met was out with her friends at the time and in addition to her own name had a couple of nicknames that were both proper names so I actually wasn't sure what her name was. I managed to fake it and tought it out until I called her one day and got her voicemail which started with "Hi this is *her name*."

I'd spent two night with her at that point, I think that that makes me a pretty terrible person.

Turned out I actually had her name right all along but didn't want to take the risk of calling her something else.
that's hilarious! what did you put down in your phone?
i once met the most beautiful girl ever. i couldn't remember her name or where i knew her from, but she was really friendly and chatty and i knew we'd been to college together. then eventually she told me her full name (i think i had some really contrived way of finding it out) and i was disgusted with myself that i hadn't remembered who she was. i had a big ass crush on her in college.
amazing girl.

How does that work? "That mattress doesn't look too comfortable."

"Well why don't we try it and find out."

Use your imagination. You've had about 10 minutes to impress this person, asking them lots of questions, making jokes etc. You also have their mobile number. Text them later and tell them you gave the room to someone else. Make some bullshit excuse so they don't hate you. If you hit it off during the show-round then keep texting. Next thing you know the two of ye will be at it like jackrabbits.

Foreign birds who've just moved here are a particularly good target market.

would anyone be more wary of meeting people via Facebook dating apps etc compared to something like Match.com? I know a guy who met a few people through Facebook and they were all extremely weird.

Is there a difference? That's kind of what I was wondering. Where do people draw the line?

What's ok?

Is there a difference? That's kind of what I was wondering. Where do people draw the line?

What's ok?

I kind of feel like at least if someone's gone to the bother of signing up to a proper site, it's a bit more legit...the dude I know had girls from all over the place talking to him, he'd give them his mobile number within the first few convos...probably not the best thing to do really.

My mam and dad met at work in their late teens, 35 years married this year bless em. But I can understand why people dont want to go out with someone they work with, quite a few of my colleagues have dated/had carnal knowledge and it is not pretty when it goes tits up. I've only ever had two serious relationships, met one through a friend and my current one in college and have been together now for 6 or 7 years and hopefully that will be the end of my romantic history.

Some of my friends are going speed dating in a few weeks so I'll let you know the results. I know plenty of people who use dating sites too, but like Jill says they go on PLENTY of dates....so...maybe it doesnt really work...thumpeddating.com anyone?

I kind of feel like at least if someone's gone to the bother of signing up to a proper site, it's a bit more legit...the dude I know had girls from all over the place talking to him, he'd give them his mobile number within the first few convos...probably not the best thing to do really.

Inneresting, but yeah, giving out mobile numbers randomly isn't the best plan.

with the internet you can probably gauge pretty well who you can intellectually put up with, but i cant see the all important physical attraction being visible online, the chemical side of it that makes things happen. maybe i'm wrong, but with anyone i've really got on with, how it felt to be physically around them is different to anyone else - even to the extent where that i usually knew when it was coming to an end as the 'vibe' felt all wrong.. y'know... that vibe is what its all about

.... had a big ass-crush on her in college.
amazing girl.

so i take it you're more of an assman then?

Use your imagination. You've had about 10 minutes to impress this person, asking them lots of questions, making jokes etc. You also have their mobile number. Text them later and tell them you gave the room to someone else. Make some bullshit excuse so they don't hate you. If you hit it off during the show-round then keep texting. Next thing you know the two of ye will be at it like jackrabbits.

Foreign birds who've just moved here are a particularly good target market.

you my friend are a mega opportunist. jesus!

you my friend are a mega opportunist. jesus!

Ah, I discovered this ploy by accident when a Polish girl started sending flirty texts.
There was a Spanish girl also who replied to my text telling her that she didn't get the room by telling me fine and would I like to go for a drink sometime.

Foreigners, they're great.

with the internet you can probably gauge pretty well who you can intellectually put up with, but i cant see the all important physical attraction being visible online, the chemical side of it that makes things happen. maybe i'm wrong, but with anyone i've really got on with, how it felt to be physically around them is different to anyone else - even to the extent where that i usually knew when it was coming to an end as the 'vibe' felt all wrong.. y'know... that vibe is what its all about

Yeah, that's the worst bit, the bit where you realise that one of you isn't into it any more and you have to decide whether to be the one doing the breaking up, or to wait for the other to do it.

rather telling isn't it, how popular this thread is at ten to eleven at night.

Hehe

Frightening, isn't it?

very.

*prays fervently she won't be dumped anytime soon* :p

That's a good point captain a - I've met friends off the net, and sometimes people you get on with really well online you don't hit it off with as well in real life. And in other cases it's vice versa. So when it comes to relationships, the same must be true. Plus people can really be like a different person on the net, and say things they wouldn't say in real life. It's not until you really meet that you see what each other is like.

very.

*prays fervently she won't be dumped anytime soon* :p

That's a good point captain a - I've met friends off the net, and sometimes people you get on with really well online you don't hit it off with as well in real life. And in other cases it's vice versa. So when it comes to relationships, the same must be true. Plus people can really be like a different person on the net, and say things they wouldn't say in real life. It's not until you really meet that you see what each other is like.

Totally agreed!!And might I say everyone I've met from thumped in real life have been lovely and very attractive!

a girl i know moved into a houseshare with randomers and started going out with one of them almost immediately. they're still together after what must be nearly a year. i find that really weird. sharing your living space with strangers is trying enough most of the time but to start riding one of them?! you've pretty much entered into a long term relationship from day one

cpr: totally...I'm kind of surprised some of ye [not you obviously heh heh] are having 'problems' finding someone...shows that you can live in a city with more than a million people but not find someone who's right for you. It can be hard to meet someone though if you don't want to go out with a workmate and have exhausted your friend resources. You can't spend every evening at a salsa class or a gig...

Then again you could do a cinnamon boy on it and text random foreign girls you met by pretending you needed to move house :D

I know a few girls who have tried the internet/speed dating things. It sounds like hard work trying to be that interested in strangers. You get a few dates, but they always seem to fizzle out. I suppose everyone ticks the same boxes: sense of humour important, no previous convictions etc. The ratio of girls to guys seems to be high, with the faint whiff of biological clock going on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back