Radioheads flicks the iFinger to iTunes (1 Viewer)

wrong response to the wrong person...d'oh!

You're right Shane-o. I'm boring. Thanks.

This is all very 21st century isn't it? Stop moving with the times man! I like CD's, artwork in my hands and real sex, not virtual sex.

Cos if you don't forgive the cunts, you won't find the peace inside you want
YEAH!

YEAH!

There was a guy standing not too far away from me at a jinx lennon gig recently and I was gobsmacked that he was singing along...he knew every fucking word. Respect.

oootini said:

hmmm..iI hope you're not one of those apple lemmings/trolls who can't handle it when someone mentions anything mildly critical of the billion dollar corporation.

I openly admit there's a certain schadenfreude watching iPhone customers demand a 'stupid tax' for paying way over the odds when it came out or the latest iPod touch disaster with the screens...but the itunes apple Ipod Only DRM thing just really pisses me off.

By the way, you should check this out:

apple-touch.com: [Update 10:10pm Sept 15,2007] Just came home with the second iPod touch and guess what?! Surprise, surprise the problem still exists! This has to be a widespread problem and not isolated as I’d hoped.

There’s nothing worse than coming home with your shiny new toy to find a major problem with it — in the case of the iPod touch, the screen is defective....I’m really trying my best to not bash Apple for letting this crap slip through QA.....In case you don’t remember, I had to trade out my iPhone three freaking times before I got one that would hold a decent battery charge!
You might want to add it to your barse.org blog.

There's no mention of 'stupid tax' vouchers for the new ipod touch, yet, but, it's early days..the majority don't ship until the 28th of this month.

hmmm..iI hope you're not one of those apple lemmings/trolls

dont suppose you're one of those anti-apple lemmings/trolls

actually remember lemmings! great game, never released on the mac......apple pricks

Just updating this thread with news about how Radiohead are launching their new album...

-------------------------------------------
From midnight (30th sept), Radiohead's new album is available to pre-order exclusively from www.radiohead.com

You can buy the DISCBOX or the DOWNLOAD.

The DISCBOX costs £40. It contains the album on CD and on 2 x heavyweight 12" vinyl, plus an enhanced CD containing "NEW SONGS, ALONG WITH DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHS AND ARTWORK". All this comes encased in a hardback book and slipcase. Discboxes are being made to order and will be shipped on or before December 3rd. But you also get the download with this package, from October 10th.

Here's the interesting part. If buy the DOWNLOAD by itself (which comes without the content on the enhanced CD), you can choose the price. And yes, the price can be 1p, although when you chose 1p and Mastercard, a 45p credit/debit card charge was added.

Whether you buy the DISCBOX or the DOWNLOAD, you can get your digital copy of the album from 10th October 2007.
--------------------------------------------

Just updating this thread with news about how Radiohead are launching their new album...

-------------------------------------------
From midnight (30th sept), Radiohead's new album is available to pre-order exclusively from www.radiohead.com

You can buy the DISCBOX or the DOWNLOAD.

The DISCBOX costs £40. It contains the album on CD and on 2 x heavyweight 12" vinyl, plus an enhanced CD containing "NEW SONGS, ALONG WITH DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHS AND ARTWORK". All this comes encased in a hardback book and slipcase. Discboxes are being made to order and will be shipped on or before December 3rd. But you also get the download with this package, from October 10th.

Here's the interesting part. If buy the DOWNLOAD by itself (which comes without the content on the enhanced CD), you can choose the price. And yes, the price can be 1p, although when you chose 1p and Mastercard, a 45p credit/debit card charge was added.

Whether you buy the DISCBOX or the DOWNLOAD, you can get your digital copy of the album from 10th October 2007.
--------------------------------------------

That's great. The pay-what-you-want model isn't a new idea, but it is a good one. I'd LOVE to see the stats on what people end up paying for it. Discbox for me!

There's a second disc of new material too if you buy the discbox! 8 further songs. Whats the story with that? Does that not sort of constitute another album?

yeah..that's a lot of bonus tracks...if they had of kept it to 7 it would have fit with the "Rainbow" title...

Here's the full press release according to Record of the Day:
http://www.recordoftheday.com/cgi-bin/content.cgi?page=weblog

PRE-ORDERS NOW UNDERWAY FOR THE SPECIAL EDITION BOX-SET AND FOR OCTOBER 10 ALBUM DIGITAL DOWNLOAD.

Radiohead.com is open for business with pre-orders having begun today for their 7th studio album "In Rainbows", which will be available from October 10 as an MP3 download. Also available to pre-order from now is the Discbox, a special edition box-set, details of which are below.

Radiohead's fan service, waste, is currently taking advance orders for two formats:

the album MP3 and the Discbox, which includes double vinyl and CD versions of the record and a second, enhanced CD with additional new songs, artwork, and photographs of the band, all exclusive to the box. Anyone purchasing this deluxe edition will automatically receive the bundled MP3 album on October 10.

Radiohead are currently planning a traditional CD release of "In Rainbows" for early 2008.

The album was produced by Nigel Godrich. The complete track listing is:
15 STEP
BODYSNATCHERS
NUDE
WEIRD FISHES/ARPEGGI
ALL I NEED
FAUST ARP
RECKONER
HOUSE OF CARDS
JIGSAW FALLING INTO PLACE
VIDEOTAPE

The extra songs on the second CD of the Discbox are:

MK1
DOWN IS THE NEW UP
GO SLOWLY
MK2
LAST FLOWERS
UP ON THE LADDER
BANGERS AND MASH
4 MINUTE WARNING

===================================================

meanwhile Adam Ant's manager is sending out threatening e-mails saying that Adam will never play a gig again because people posted footage of his gig last week on youtube

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back