The bands that got away… (2 Viewers)

Vic Chesnutt. Had tickets for his gig in the Button Factory in 2007 and couldn't go (although I have heard the bootleg through the kindness of @Cornu Ammonis, or maybe @rettucs). Missed seeing him in Galway in 1992(?) as well, but in fairness I didn't even know that he was playing, only heard afterwards from some friends who had wandered in to see him.

Had tickets for The Dirty Three the last time they played here and got into town and realised I had left the bank card at home, so went home to get it and then didn't bother going back in. Very stupid. I did see them the time before that though.
that was @Cornu Ammonis . I'm not that nice.

Was that Sunstroke 95, was on a family holiday for the 94 one and was gutted I couldn't go.

That Beastie Boys gig in the Tivoli is possibly my biggest gig miss regret. Classic tale of being too young and it being a school night.

Just remembered I had a ticket for Chris Isaak in the Olympia but had to stay home because I got an ear infection that caused my right ear canal to swell shut. He played the 3Arena a few years ago but as part of some godawful country festival thing.

Just remembered I had a ticket for Chris Isaak in the Olympia but had to stay home because I got an ear infection that caused my right ear canal to swell shut. He played the 3Arena a few years ago but as part of some godawful country festival thing.
I saw the Olympia gig. It was really good. But a couple of years earlier he was brilliant in Whelans. The smaller venue made all the difference

I never saw the fall, despite multiple possible times when I could have. I mean probably over twenty times when I thought, meh, next time

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back