Music - Perceptions - Celebrities - Bastards (1 Viewer)

Forward isn't a concept which is open to perception, although something may be perceived as moving in a direction which meets your definition of forward.

Is this the real reason for your "perception=reality" stance? And you're using a pop-culture understanding of quantum physics as a kind of philosophical backup? Surely not!

Cheeky!

Music: part of the human psychic scheme, manifested as soundwaves, very popular
Perception(s): the last word in the human psychic scheme. Objectivity is the giant red herring that should have been declared dead a long time ago
Celebrities: Gods - we know it and they know it
Bastards: probably wouldn't refer to them selves as such

reading a sequence of events and descvribing them as a 'thread' that is 'moving' in a way that might be described as 'forward' involves a vast amount of presupposition and agreement in the collective psyche (also subject to scrutiny)

So..... basically Science was a 20th century blip that got in the way of good philosophy and only when it got down to a quantum level did it realise this?

I get the feeling I’m being set up here but,

what use is art to the intelligent person?

Art helps people understand reality and communicates to us the connections between the many aspects of our world. Art also gives a voice to human’s emotional response to reality

Shouldn't we all be just getting down to the real and leaving all the raving and visions to the mentally deranged?

No

What reality is art describing? The reality of Prodigy posters and CDs and all the other 10,000 things of this world or a personal psychic reality?

What reality is art describing? The reality of Prodigy posters and CDs and all the other 10,000 things of this world or a personal psychic reality?

see if you are drawing a line between art and reality in regard to perception your getting up on the wrong foot. As you say above, the line is blurred anyways.

the question is phrased in a way that any answer will invariably feed your argument that there are many perceived realities. art is does not always attempt to describe reality, science is the discipline that attempts to do this.

the question is phrased in a way that any answer will invariably feed your argument that there are many perceived realities. art is does not always attempt to describe reality, science is the discipline that attempts to do this.

Art is continuous with reality, it describes reality as a matter of course. What it does is most often not as useful as scientific practice which is, in practice continuous with reality but as a basis for ontology is an abstraction of reality and a gross modern myth that needs debunking. This is why there cannot be a philosophy of the natural sciences unless they are understood as tools in a greater scheme which, in fact, they are.

Is Diarmuid just taking a very tenuous link with each previous post and then continuing his argument where he left off?

i've got a philosophical question:

why is this thread?

because Science did.

Is Diarmuid just taking a very tenuous link with each previous post and then continuing his argument where he left off?

because Science did.

My plan is to say the same thing over and over until everyone in the world agrees with me, just to shut me up.

D, we should start an email conversation about this, and if it turns out any good edit it and try and get it published

Here's the opening line:

"Perception is not reality. Reality is reality"

Will PM you my email address. I anticipate this unfolding very slowly, but sure it might be fun

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back