Wedding Music (1 Viewer)

Okay, so I’m in the midst of planning a wedding for next summer in Dublin. I’m not a big wedding type and really don’t care about much regarding it, apart from the music.

I need a 3 or less person band or a DJ to hire that won’t play shite, have disco lights or blabber on and on. I’m all about 50s, 60s, 70s classics but where it gets dicey is 80s onward.

No wagon Wheel
No Ed Sheeran
No Whitney Houston
No Macarana
No Rock the boat
No Electric slide
No Chicken dance
No Mamba No.5

My old rockabilly band played a friend's wedding. We knew it was a bust when the first person we spoke to said "As long as you play The Galway Girl"

They hated us

But you want stuff that both Irish and Americans will like? I think you are asking the impossible, Hives

unless you want to take back what you said about Wagon Wheel
It’s also the only song I learned how to swing dance to.

In my experience someone will demand that the band play Robbie Williams so their husband can get up and sing

So, that's something to look forward to

I'm gonna work up some suggestions with my crack team of floor filler experts.

I dunno what wagon wheel is, but you can't cut out cheese entirely. It can't be all 'good' taste.
Like you need something like Queen or Elton John or The Jackson 5 or even Wham! in there.
Looking for broad appeal, rather than lowest common denominator.
And something for the ladies; Beyonce and probably Katy Perry. Every wedding is a victory for women in some sense.

i was photographer at a friend's wedding where jurgen from the jimmy cake, and judith ring performed the music at the ceremony. i asked beforehand what they were going to sing, and was told 'wild horses'. in my head, i heard 'crazy horses' and thought 'well, each to their own'.

I'm gonna work up some suggestions with my crack team of floor filler experts.

I dunno what wagon wheel is, but you can't cut out cheese entirely. It can't be all 'good' taste.
Like you need something like Queen or Elton John or The Jackson 5 or even Wham! in there.
Looking for broad appeal, rather than lowest common denominator.
And something for the ladies; Beyonce and probably Katy Perry. Every wedding is a victory for women in some sense.

I have no problem with any of that, I'm not looking for it to be niche. I wouldn't get Voided by Pounces to play, although I'd love that.... I don't consider Queen, Elton John or even Wham "cheese". It's a small wedding and everyone that will be invited is 40 or above apart from a few smallies. Billy Joel all the way just no Ice Ice Baby.

Here's 7 1/2 hours to start working with

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

These guys have a ridiculously large setlist to pick from. Singer was in Revelino.

These guys have a ridiculously large setlist to pick from. Singer was in Revelino.
Those guys played at my brother-in-law's wedding. Very good, though I seem to remember them being very "rock" rather than "pop"

I mean they've given away their setlist there - you could a la carte that and get someone you trust to twiddle the knobs

I mean they've given away their setlist there - you could a la carte that and get someone you trust to twiddle the knobs
Wedding photographer here btw. I've seen DJ's absolutely nail it but I've also seen them fall on their arse too many times. It's a tricky one and depends a lot on the ability of the dj to read the room and the demographics/atmosphere of the wedding.

You can't really beat a good live band but you're right, it wouldn't be hard to pick a great set of tunes from that list!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back